BE/NF pistol2 available for more classes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OuNin, Jan 10, 2013.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

the pistols have totally different situational utility therefore if at least scouts had them too there would not be a significant difference to infantry combat

the alternative pistols give more players more choice and they are also fun to use

so why not extend the pistols' use to other classes? (maybe not engineer but scout for sure)

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

On this set of scripts, no. When I rework things, I'm going to see if I can find roles for the old NF SMG3 and get someone to knock up a BE SMG3, so I'll see how things fit in there.

3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Giving the scout the shotty pistol is*probably* not the best idea considering he has enhanced senses and the like.

4. OuNin

OuNin Member

no that makes it an even better idea

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Shooty + stealth = OP

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

In principle, I agree that more classes should get nice pistols. But since the shotty pistol can drop a guy pretty fast, combining that with hide is a bad idea.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Engie with smg 2 and shotty?
    Why are we even considering this?

8. ImSpartacus

It's important that we are open enough to accept seemingly bad ideas. It would be a shame to reject a new idea just because it make us uncomfortable.

This is probably a bad idea, but we need to be able to explore exactly why it's a bad idea to make sure that it truly is a bad idea.

9. Z100000M

There is nothing to explore here, and noting to theory craft about.
    Engineers are not supposed to be kings of close quaters. Give them a shotty to complement the smg2 and rifleman is obsolete. In fact, coupled with smg1, they are effectively queen of all trades.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  10. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

So what makes grenadiers need the shotty pistol? "They aren't supposed to because that's the way it is" isn't really an argument.

11. Z100000M

Every other class has at least 2 weapons, most of which are not bad in cqc. Gren doesnt have shit except the pistol, that while amazing compared to your average fps peashooter, just doesnt cut it when you get rushed. The way I see it, it gives you a fighting chance when you get rushed by a single guy.

12. Trickster

Grenadier and Rifleman are primarily combat classes. Their job is to kill shit.
    Engineer and Scout are primarily support classes. Their job is to support shit.

/discussion

13. ImSpartacus

I think you just explored it.

14. Z100000M

Not really no, as it didnt take me even a second of though to come up with implications.

15. OuNin

OuNin Member

"roles" vs fun

pistol1 already has extreme lethality proportional to the range versus the alternate pistols. if you rebalanced the shot pistol, people wouldn't be dying any more or any less than they already do against pistols

16. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

You guys are weird.

You cry about a two-pop handgun that pretty much needs to be in physical contact with the face of your target to kill in one shot.

Unless said target is prone, scunting or just generally unaware, getting that one-hit kill isn't easy. Especially not since everyone seems to grab speed upgrade these days.

Compare this to the current rifles where one or two hits will take you out, FROM ACROSS THE MAP.

On another note: Trickster, how about a proper shotgun for BE instead of an SMG3?

17. Trickster

As much as I'd love a proper shotgun, I'm really working on being able to use SMG1/2 animations, given we don't have an animator. I don't even know if we could get a new model, I'm just hoping that I can offer Mash some cybersex in exchange for one.

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Got approximately 20 kills on crossroads with it alone yesterday.