Be Careful, They Bite

Discussion in 'Dev Blogs' started by DonMegel, Oct 18, 2009.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i like both models, but i think the style of the sidewinder is more bordered to the current NF then the current "new" model

[​IMG]

i would add some influences from this cars skins (the patterns, not the actual colours)

2 internet points if you cna guess what car it is (no link cheating)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Jurassic Park tour car? I don't think it actually has a name... :confused:

3. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

I think the model megal made is more NF due to the fact that NF are the recycling type that would reuse vehicles like a pickup truck and turn it into a combat jeep

We also don't know what the rest of teh vehicles or the buildings look like for the NF. We also have to think that this is a major redo in the graphics of the game, not a simple upgrade to the shitty graphics we have now. Think outside the box, it will get you forward in life.

4. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

That is a Ford Explorer.

Wow, I havn't had my models called "utter shit" in, what? 4 or 5 years now? I remember why I didn't like it.

Simply making the sidewinder the NF Jeep would have been much easier than spending many hours working on the Diamond Back but the sidewinder has no bay for supporting large pieces of equipment. Its a dune buggy. You can mount medium weapons on it but nothing more. The Diamond Back can support many different equipment/weapon packages.

I was inspired by the Long Range Desert Patrol from World War 2. They used big trucks, not because they had too but because it made sense given their rough and tumble mission. The "truck" is not a matter of recycling but rather a vehicle that fits the role; multi-purpose vehicle.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

no

its THE JURASSIC PARK CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i like the sidewinder more because it looks cool, not because its a practical vehicle

i could suggest if you made the diamond back more mad maxy to win the favour of the crouds

6. vlamnire

vlamnire Member

Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg I Wnat This Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. LifesLemons

LifesLemons Member

Wow.
    You never fail to surprise me don.

8. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

How so?

9. Demented

Demented Member

Says the guy whose avatar is a buggy with a 120mm cannon mounted on top.

10. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Actually, it's the current NF jeep, with a cannon on top.

11. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Is there coding support for this? Is it even possible in source?

I'm getting the horrible feeling the answer to those is no...

Also, sidewinder does look quite cool. This looks standard. Not disgusting and sickening like the current jeep, just... not great.

12. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Well..

F' n A'

13. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Set theroms? Outside the box? I don't get.

14. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

not f nand not a.

thanks to DeMorgans law, you could say f or a

f or a, what?

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Megel. I think the model looks really quite good. But in my opinion, it doesn't fit what it should be. I mean, sure you can say it can hold large pieces of equipment on it or whatever, but that's a gameplay idea. Whilst I'm not saying this is as bad, your last idea of a fixed cannon medium (i.e. forcing gameplay change via model) wasn't received well, so IF you're intended to add gameplay via this, then you really probably should've at least posted enquiring our throughts, at least in the tester section. I'm not necessarily saying it would be a bad thing, it's not as clear as the fixed-cannon thing, but it simply is something that there should really have been at least "some" discussion over. When you say "it can support" blah, that makes no sense as it's just a model, and the model doesn't dictate the necessary use. Take the current NF heavy: Those spikes don't attribute any extra "roadkill" power, but it could have (I know you modelled it, so this is probably not true, but it's an example) said "well, we can balance the fact it's more difficult to drive by giving the spikes some purpose, such as being better at running people over. Then it never happened because the gameplay guys decided it wasn't appropriate. I know this didn't happen, but my point is, you get the picture.

The hours don't have to be wasted either, in my opinion, with very little work, it could become a really quite good BE jeep. The difference between the 2 jeeps? NF jeep is sleeker, smaller target, BE jeep carries more. Not much different to how it is now. Both vehicles fit the role in terms of gameplay (not storyline, that shouldn't be dictating gameplay): They can be fast, manouverable and cheap.

16. LifesLemons

LifesLemons Member

Look at that model! Its gorgeous! I mean,if that was a women...or even a man...I'll stop now.

17. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Modular weapons and equipment was discussed somewhat by the devs. I say somewhat because the details were not hashed out only the need for a Jeep that supported this feature.

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Well why doesn't the sidewinder support it? I mean surely they both can?

19. petemyster

petemyster Member

do we still not have a password for the moddb page? Im sure the people who are watching the mod and who have forgotten about it could use a reminding.....

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what are modular weapons?