Be Afv Needs Modeler

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vessboy, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Omneh

Omneh Member

Messing up what art? The current empires "art direction" consists of a tortured mix of nazi germany, the leopard II, command and conquer, 40k, star wars, and the first world war. It looks, quite frankly, awful. Empires is true testament towards gameplay over graphics.

And PwnedYoAss, I haven't seen you produce anything that looks remotely as good as mayama's or anyone else on the art team's work. Sorry.

The empires art direction needs rethinking if this game is ever going to look half decent, which is far more important than the people on this forum think.

2. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Maybe I'm a bit too conservative about the art, but I personally like it. The only issue is that it needs to be jacked up in quality. What I see from Mayama just looks awful. I mean, take a close look at the two vehicles he's made. They're essentially defended by two floating plates. Not to mention the medium tank looks oddly unarmored compared to the APC. They may look good, and I give them that, but they don't look like they should be in Empires.

3. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

The Mayama line of BE and NF vehicles have been...discontinued for the most part. Also, the Unofficial Art team is very Unofficial.

Vess, you keep getting better and better at your skills but I think that looks more like a NF APC than BE

4. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

... I stole it. Thats a recoloring of actual blueprints.

5. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

... lol and I gave him those blueprints.

[​IMG]

6. Deiform

Deiform Member

Mayama made the entire BE line, not just 2 models. Also you contradicted yourself by saying his art was awful and then saying they look good.

7. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

It maybe a contradiction, but it's true. It looks good, but god damn, I know for a damned fact that he's done is hit the damn sub-divide key. It's awful in the sense that really, it just does not look Empires worthy. Like I've stated before, it contradicts what the APC is, a lightly armored personeel carrier, not a huge 8 wheeled BEAST!

8. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

He stated that the models look bad for BE, but the models themselves look good. That is not a contradiction. That's the same as saying that you love a model but it just doesn't make sense in the game (e.g. an epic hover tank in a WWII game. It looks great, but it doesn't fit. It doesn't look right in that use.)

9. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

BTW: I haven't seen dizzyone and -Mayama- for a long time.
    Maybe everybody who made a new model for the AFV is trapped in a dark cellar?

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Or got heartattacks from their continous erections because of their new awesome AFV-modells :D

No, joking beside, dizzi is off sometimes but mayama? :verysad:
    Hopefully they are only in hollydays or honeymoon together or their inet connection got cut ...

11. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Mayama is being raped by university workload I heard.

12. spellman23

spellman23 Member

hm... you mean we have seasonal lives outside Empires??? I never knew....

But seriously, I'd guess university/schooling causes many a mass exodus around this time.