Auxiliary Vehicle Equipments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pedro0930, Dec 6, 2007.

1. pedro0930

pedro0930 Member

This basically adds another class of equipments the players can place on their vehicle. Auxiliary equipments are items other then weapon, armor and engine. All the current vehicle gain additional slots for auxiliary equipments depends on the class of vehicle. They can have different sizes, weigh and we can have additional technologies to unlock those equipments. Depends on what kind of Auxiliary equipment you are using, they might be passive or active, and may generate heat when you use them. They may also have their ammunition or power supply and must be recharged at a repair pad and/or armory.

Here are some possibility:
    Communication Module: Increase the squad leader's aura coverage. (obviously, this will only be useful if you are the squad leader)

Air-Cushion vehicle Module: Allows your vehicle to float and move on water.

Force field generator (of different size): Generate forcefield to protect you from incoming projectile and/or area damage. (small one may be personal generator, while larger one can cover perhaps the entire squad)

Smoke-Discharger: Launch smoke grenades

Nitrogen Booster: Increase speed for a short duration

Anit-Gravity device: decrease your weight, has no other use and expensive

I am pretty sure similar concepts has being explored before, but the search function didn't really confirm this, so I post it anways

2. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Or add witty bumperstickers to jeeps so that when you run your team over they get to laugh too!

I like the idea, though the floating might be a bit bad for Isles. Dont want to float out to that simulated sea, now do you!

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

1. Doesn't seem that useful.
    2. Been suggested before. I'd rather see amphibious APCs when boats are added.
    3. Walls?
    4. Smoke grenades?
    5. Been suggested before, and shot down. It's actually possible to enable it on some servers.
    6. Been suggested and shot down before.