Assassin's Creed

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pope_Homeless_XIII, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

So anyone thinking of picking up this game when it releases next week for PS3 & X360 or next year for PC?

Trailer <-- this tune is stuck in my head.

2. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

Pre-ordered it yesterday for 360. Got pretty top-notch reviews so far, so it oughta be good.

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

not to be a hater, but

actually, yes, to be a hater, that's what i am. A hater.

Yeah, i love how he has NO peripheral vision on account of the hood that NO ONE else wears... that's very subtle. Also it's a good thing that he carries that shiv, because lord knows if you're literally flying through the air jumping around a VERY public place and landing in the middle of a pack of guards, god forbid you blow your cover by pulling out a sword. Also, I'm sure he can sneak anywhere in the middle east dressed like a christian crusader. The jews and the muslims won't think twice about that. Seriously, the commercial I saw for that made me rofl.

But, all joking aside, I'm sure it's a fine game, and it will be fun. I just got a kick out of how ridiculous the setup is. The man couldn't stealth his way out of a PAPER BAG. At least put a costume on or something--it's hard to be an assassin when you're wearing an ASSASSIN UNIFORM.

What can I say, I'm one of the people who wouldn't watch 300 because it wasn't historically accurate enough for my tastes... haaaaaaater!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  4. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Lobster, his cloak is very similar to that of priests. Watch this trailer. Also keep in mind that gameplay and art direction trump realism.

5. The Buttery Lobster

that's what people said when i bitched about 300, too XD (well, change action with gameplay).

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i was hoping 300 was gunna be a mad unrealistic action bloodbath, and instead it was just naff mostly :(

seriously: before i saw the film i read a book about the battle and even that got me more excited than the film. in fact that is one of my favorite books, ever. read gates of fire if you ever get the chance.

7. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

AC looks like a really sexy game. Can't wait till the PC release :D

8. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

I just got this game from the mail, and so far it's been pretty awesome. The rooftop climbing & jumping is just as satisfying as you'd expect, and my god it looks spectacular :eek:
    Actually his dress is supposed to mimic the scholars, so he's not the only one wearing full-white drags ;)

9. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Waiting for it on PC.

For some reason, one of the trailers on TV used the House theme song. Sounded weird.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Massive Attack - Teardrops

good song

but i heard this game sucks.. my friend said its hella hard to do all the cool stuff they show in the commercials

11. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

You heard wrong.

It's got its minor flaws but overall it's a great game, with a deep(ish) plot and good gameplay mechanics. A worthy piece to store and dust up in your shelf :p

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Apparantly Jason Bradbury lended his face for the minor NPCs in the game too :)

13. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Did anyone see the comic of Jade Raymond?

I would post it here, but I'm afraid that Krenzo would get sued by Ubisoft just like Lowcash of SA.

14. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I saw it. And it's not going to be posted.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

not even link'd?

16. KILLX

KILLX Banned

sandbag, ubisoft sued about this. go google it. dont do anything stupid and bring this site into UBI's lawsuit. just google "jade raymond comic'

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

ewwwwwwwwww

18. The Buttery Lobster

there are all sorts of ways to defend against this lawsuit, even without including first amendment defenses, especially since the linker doesnt seem to have any authority on the website in question, which makes this case internet law 101. I predict this lawsuit will do nothing but damage ubisoft's reputation.

19. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

All they've done is draw attention to it. I wouldn't know about it if it hadn't been posted here. Even with that image, reacting to it in that way is like they are suggesting that the woman is actually like that.