Are all the servers down?

Discussion in 'Support' started by RoboTek, Mar 11, 2009.

1. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

I checked, my other mods all have servers up as-normal, but not one Empires server is up. Is there something I missed?

2. recon

recon SM Support Dev

No. For some reason, the server browser isn't that reliable. Try refreshing the server browser several times. The server list should come up.

If it doesn't check your filters.

BTW: This be in tech support.

3. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

Make sure you don't have the History, LAN, or Favorites tab selected.

4. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

Yes, and it works fine for all others mods.

In any event, I managed to get on a server only to be commander of a team that lost every fire fight while I tried to get buildings built that always failed. I will always hate the inability of a commander to concede a match without 'griefing' his team. It seems ridiculous to me that admitting defeat is seen as a dick move by the community.

5. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

well, that's because the entire community is babies

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Or it's maybe because the winners want to win the game instead of have it end before they can finish it. Or maybe its because ninjas on your team are about to win the game for you and you suicide the cv rite before they do. That's actually happened to me a bunch of times.

Instead of suiciding the cv tell your team you don't want to command any more and just get out of it.

7. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

I wouldn't suicide the CV unless a majority of a team asks me to with no complaints from the silent. It isn't that I mind commanding a losing game, I just feel that it isn't a good game if one side started off with a huge advantage. I don't enjoy poor matches, regardless of position.

That said, the server reports came back, but the list is kinda ridiculously unreliable. It took over 20 refreshes over 4 different times loading the mod in a 1 hour period to find a server.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah don't get me wrong. I'm all for suiciding the cv on maps like emp_money. But its so frustrating when I'm about to win the game and the clueless comm just gives up and drives into enemy tanks or the water.

But yeah I have the server list problem too. I mainly just join games thru my friends list tho.

9. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Empires is a unique game, and it presents unique problems. There are reasons that things are done this way.

It's not up to your team to suicide the CV. That is considered griefing and will get you banned from most servers.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  10. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member