APC massive modification to balance it!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Maxaxle, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Maybe it should only let people in/out instead of being a spawn point...Or just allow a certain amount of spawns in it before you can't spawn in it anymore...[/bad_ideas]

2. Bass

Bass Member

APC rushing would be lame then.

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

What you mean is: Keep it as it is and remove researchable spawnpoints?

My question: Why?

4. Omneh

Omneh Member

Awww, you got APC rushed and made a thread about it because you suck.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

5. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

APCs need to be slowed down.

This isn't because one person sucks or not, it is because they are overpowered for what they do.

6. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Grenadier + Mortar

That will rape APCs

I would sugest decreasing the armour of the APC, making it vulnerable to grenadiers. This could prevent the occasional APC rushes and instead cause the APC to be used as a troop transport and forward spawn point instead of using the APC as an fierce anti-infantry truck.

This could cause both new and professional players to not longer use the APC to push into the front but instead use it with caution.

7. Lazydog

Lazydog Member

may I ask what is wrong with the occasional APC rush? It is a good alternate tactic compare to going just for upgraded tanks. It broadens the game IMO.

8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I though I already /threaded this....

Limit spawns to 1 per 10 seconds and slow them down so they can provide infantry to frontlines but not rush past everything and have a full barracks worth of spawning anywhere on the map.

9. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

You can still rush, you can still rape infantry.

Increase max weight, decrease armour. 2 plates of armour instead of 3. And +30% weight capacity.

Easier to use, easier to kill infatry but also easier for grenadiers to kill an APC.

Making both the Grenadier and APC mroe effective.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Cyber's right. They are too fast. They can out race jeeps and are really hard to hit with those slow ass rpg's. I say slow them down as well.

11. Sirex

Sirex Member

Okay guys, read very carefully now.

In the beginning of the game has some guys spawn as grenadiers with extra ammo, instead of engineers, then give these ammo boxes at front lines, then LAY DOWN FUCKING MINES.

See the problem is not that apc rushes are overpowered, it is just that to many people refueses to think and finds it easier to complain.

I have single handedly stopped several begging vehicle rushes with mines, just becouse i am the only one in my team being grenadier and let alone lay mines.

2-3 grenadiers = 16-24 mines, that stop any rush any where.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  12. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Good APC rushes use defusal.

13. Sirex

Sirex Member

Yeah, good APC rushes are that, most are not. Also you will half their attack force.
    From playing the game i can tell you that people more then 80% don't have defusal when Light tank spamming or APC rushing.

14. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

It only takes one good APC rusher to live and take out there base.
    Not like APCs can't outrun the tanks/turrets as they are now.
    Hell, they even have enough armor to survive a good amount of damage.

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Cyber and I do this kinda shit all the time. One driver has diffuse and the other has radar stealth. You just switch seats when you get to the spot that has mines. If they are smart enough to do an apc rush they are smart enough to not get killed by mines.

16. Sirex

Sirex Member

Yeah but point being most cases then not mines will kill off the rush, and scare the rest of them. If just a few get through they should be able to be dealt with with base turrets and rpgs.

You can't just blatantly tell me with a straight face that mines will not stop rushes and would not make a dent in the rush, at least enough not to halt the rush?
    And i can like i said from personal experience that mines can kill rushes, in some instances i have killed of like 4 or more light tanks my self with mines, but that being like BE emp_slaoughterd east passage.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  17. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

again... use defusal, but most rushes can be stop with obedience and cooperation. Lots of times when the APCs come in, most people are too busy to back back to main to help the com. They are too stringy to kill spawn and just hope other people will take care of it. If com asks you to help, you should do it right away. a few APCs are easy to take care of with a few riflemen and grenadiers, especially when you have a spawn in the area. Instead what happens is that people will only spawn at main when they die, by that time, the barracks is probably down.

18. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Yes I can.
    Mines do not stop a good APC rush.
    All the mines do are kill the idiots. The good APC drivers will outrun any of your tank/turrets, hide behind your barracks or on a hill, and kill everything.

19. LifesLemons

LifesLemons Member

Firstly,you should have turrets around your base.
    No exceptions.

Second:A gren can bring down a Bio APC in 4 shots
    That takes a grand total of 8 seconds.
    What if theres 2 grens?
    What if theres 2 grens and turrets?

Third:An APC shouldnt be able to get past your front lines anyway,because you have tanks and grens.Even if you have failed to keep enemy APCs from getting behind the front lines,you should always be monitering the land around your base anyways.

Lastly:The APC is the only vehicle that is usefull from the beginning to the end of the game,why change that?

20. Bass

Bass Member

I always turret farm myself so I rarely get APC rushed.

Ninja-ed is a whole different story (curse you PwnedYoAss).