Anyone 'normal' in this forum?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cloud, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

I just have astigmatism and have to wear glasses...I feel more normal than everyone else in this thread :o

2. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Blizzerd is only gay. He is the normalest.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That's not what the 2nd post on this thread says.

/eggonyourface :p

4. Empty

Empty Member

Blizz has dyslexia :o

5. Kane

Kane Member

Astigmatism rules.

6. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

the truth about most mental illnesses is they are what you make of them. Many mental problems arn't "on or off" but on a scale, which means that EVERYONE has them to some degree. If you think you "have" it, then you'll just use it as an excuse.

don't get them diagnosed. seriously. don't get any insecure little vetted by a guy with a medical certificate that interviewed you for 10 minutes. If that happens then it'll get into head and you'll be seriously unhappy, thinking "life is unfair" and all that.

My english teacher thought I had retardedness, told my parents, and then my best mate at uni had a chilled chat with me last year saying that he thought I was somewhere low on the retardedness scale too, and he'd worked with loads of people with aspergers. well, I don't give a shit, and I'm certainly not going to a doctor about it. Don't let negative stuff that define who you are. That would be a loser move.

7. REX

REX Member

I like talking to nerds FAR more than "normal" people. Normal peoples lives very often revolve around their own massive ego and self-realization, which is all they ever talk about and expect YOU to talk about.

The flaws nerds have allow them to have many interests besides themselves and are often able to discuss things without just being politically correct and self centered all the time.

8. Empty

Empty Member

I think it's just that nerds seek out things and try to find out about them.

It's not that nerds are more open or even smarter, they just actively 'research' things that they find even remotely interesting.

Who's ever had a tab explosion on tvtropes or wikipedia?

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

If its stopping you from doing something (work/school/fun), then you should get it checked out. As I understand, thats the line between 'everyone has it' and 'mental illness'.

10. REX

REX Member

Of course I wasnt implying that they are stupid. Thats just what makes them happy.
    It just doesnt make for very good conversation as far as im concerned.
    Having to hear about their life and all the crap they do, which then get turned into questions about what I do.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Yeah. I feel sorry for people who have mental illnesses (I do psychology, so mental illness certainly doesn't equate to retarded to me, though it is a mental illness), but when people constantly talk about it, it's very annoying, just attention seeking.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

The doctors diagnosed me with it, but i think its more a "my parents cant cope with the fact that i was below average with languages so they went to a doctor and he said what they wanted to hear"

personally i think thats what 80% of mental illnesses are, excuses for "outside the normal" behaviour

sad thing is that normal does not exist, and people are as they are, calling it illnesses and medicating against it kinda feels like suppressing who they are...

although i do acknowledge that its up to the person him/herself to decide to "treat" it, because they could feel discomfort from it or want to be someone else and should be given the chance to be so

it could be that i think this way because i have met people who let there gayness be treated with pills and castrations etc and that just feels sad

13. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

You have dyslexia AND dyscalculy, that doesn't leave many fields you are good in left. :P

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i tend to outsmart everyone else i know in the fields that are not covered by those 2

also, i tend to constantly test and develope my 2 "weaknesses", so far i have mastered around average skilfulness in both on most fields (although it always remains a chore, and i seem to lack any sense of automiseation in these fields)

15. arklansman

arklansman Member

You hate rap music?

Also, I failed one vision test and had to get glasses, but I've passed every other vision test since then. And I have magnificent sideburns.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  16. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

No, I don't hate rap music... I'm not fond of it.

What I mean is that I have difficulty separating out sounds from different sources. Especially voices. Not like "I can't hear people if 20 others are talking", but more like "I can't hear people if 2 others are talking".

I have over 5000 bookmarks. And then I discovered TVTropes.... ooohhh the horror... seriously... My sleep schedule died after that...

17. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I just got finished calculating a list of fields that don't involve either language or mathematics, blizzerd.

The results are not good... Sorry.

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Maybe he is good at sports?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  19. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I has da flu for the second time within three months!

Ya bish! Beat that!

20. communism

communism poof

this thread got super serial