Annoying spawn bug

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Z100000M, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I said that during the test, but I have a theory about that annoying bug that prevents you from spawning untill you accept your loadout again.
    Basically, I believe it occurs when the spawn spot is occupied. The game somehow locks you up when you attempt to spawns when its not possible.
    I belive so, because
    1)it happens alot during initial spawn, when there are a crapton of people in the rax
    2) it happened alot when there was a giant clusterfuck at be's rax on canyon com crash test.

2. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Need reproduction steps.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Easy enough.
    Get a team to spawn in a barracks. Make sure every possible spawn slot is occupied.
    One person that hasnt spawned yet will then try to spawn. He should be unable to do so.
    Then, everyone moves out of the rax.
    Person tries to spawn again.
    If he spawns, retry with him trying to press mouse one several times when the spot is occupied.

It may have something to do with menus being open at that moment, so if thats not the case, retry with guinea pig trying to change something in the class/squad menu and then spawning.

4. Jephir

Ok, we'll try this at the next test.

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If you cancel when it asks you to select your upgrades, it doesn't let you spawn from what I can tell. (instead of hitting accept.)

Shortcut key for cancel is c? which is my speak button.

6. Neoony

Neoony Member

there is a lot of newbies asking how to spawn very often in current version of empires. I had to help like 6 guys in a one day few days ago and it wasnt because they didnt know how....a lot of times nobody helps them and they just leave

this is a real problem

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  7. Jephir

I tried this with bots, couldn't reproduce.

8. YouzY

YouzY Member

I remember blocking the BE barracks as a NF scout when I proned in the middle of the BE spawn back when there was hard collisions in 2.12