And Now My Watch is Ended

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McGyver, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Neoony

Neoony Member

I really didnt mean any offense by the question.
    I was rather just laughing, because IMO using Trickster for a moderator would be such a waste xD
    So I just wanted to make sure that you mean it as an example :D

Still, I would say knowing the community and history of the mod isnt really enough to be a good mod.

You mostly need someone who can look at things perspectively, without too much bias, have some level of open-mindedness and etc... Of course the more he knows about the community the better, he just mostly needs to understand that...I just think it takes much more than "just" that.

...The way and depth of thinking.

I think thats much more why you used Trickster as an example. Or atleast thats why I would xD.
    Or in other way, I think there are many who know the community and history and might fit that description, but does not have the proper thinking or proper mind for it.
    But still.
    Did you agree with the way how EPIC server was ran?
    Are you really sure you would like someone like Trickster to be a mod? :D

Iam not doubting that he couldnt do it good enough or anything, I just got a feeling that you actually wouldnt agree with the way he runs things. But I mostly only think that because as far as I know you didnt exactly like how EPIC server was ran.
    ( But Iam just kinda reaching here and might be completely wrong about how Trickster would actually run things, after all moderating might be a bit different, so dont take this too seriously :D )

Its just something that doesnt fit to me, for you to say :D
    So I want to know more :D

Anyway, most of this basically applies to admins too.

And Iam just going quite deep here :D

I just believe mods or admins should be people who you can simply trust to make the right decision even in very complicated situations. (and I believe there are people capable of that)
    And I once told you Vicki, that I dont exactly agree with how Viper was, or I guess even Nubs is being ran, not exactly trusting your admins to be able to make a decision without most of the time making it a vote decided by players.
    Ok, I do agree that you need a lot of information from many sides to make a proper educated decision. But, still I think a good admin should be able to make a good enough decision, if he has this kind of thinking and enough experience with the community and game....or, he just shouldnt be an admin. (not to say EPIC server had all good admins, but I guess it was ran more in that way)
    I believe admin should take care of the experience and not just throw most decisions to community. But hell yeah, that takes some seriously healthy mind, which is quite rare especially in this game.

People usually only got their point of view and mostly have no reason to consider other views. And I think I would be much happier with decisions being made by some admin like that, rather than just the players, who have no real reason to look at things perspectively.

Much of that goes for moderating as well.

But yeah, tough topic about perfect admins/mods and their behaviour :D
    Everyone has different kind of "politics" idea on this, Iam sure.

Just opinions and thoughts, dont take too seriously xD

EDIT: did some simplifying and rewriting xD

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

holy fuck that post went on and on.... You dont think she would like tricksters mod style... Got it.

3. Neoony

Neoony Member

Its a messy post true xD
    I did went a bit deep there indeed xD happens to me sometimes, with some topics xD

Not like there is much else to read in here anyway xD
    lol

EDIT: did few simplifying and removed some not important stuff xD