Analysis on How Busy Empires Players are IRL

Discussion in 'General' started by Acolyte, Feb 19, 2018.

?

How Many Hours a Week are you Working/Busy?

1. 0-10

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. 11-20

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. 21-30

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. 31-40

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. 41-50

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  6. 50+

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. Axeman

Axeman Member

Working on doctorate and teaching, so it is roughly a 41-50 hour work week.

Acolyte likes this.
  2. Uninspired

Uninspired Member

I could play on weekdays but only a small window of 7-10pm EST. I imagine most of us have limited time to play on weekdays and its just impossible to align our free time when the player base is split across time zones.

3. Acolyte

Acolyte Member

That's cool, I'm in undergrad, but it's awesome knowing someone going for their doctorate plays empires

4. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I work weekends and nights. Everytime I get that goddamn steam alert. Its like 1 hour from work or while im getting ready for work.

5. chezmoi

chezmoi Member

Hi, I'm a newer player (started a few weeks ago), and I think the problem for me isn't the servers, it's the game is very complicated and I don't really know what's going on. The tutorial isn't that helpful, and a lot of the time whenever I do something even a little wrong, I get yelled at and nobody really makes an effort to tell me what I'm doing wrong, even if there is barely anybody playing as is usually the case. I feel like the game's just not very new player friendly

6. chezmoi

chezmoi Member

Also riflemen are really strong, and I think that makes it unfair for a lot of the new players who go engineer or scout like myself

MegaMLGgaming, vipervicki and .Oktay. like this.
  7. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I might consider turning fridays into a training day if there is a high enough demand. But I would still require people to have read the quick-start guide at the very least so we can have a conversation.

8. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

After months of madness, hopefully my schedule will be calming down and I can spend a little time promoting empires again.

@BigTeef
    Better question is when don't you work? Maybe we can try and invite on my server some time in the week you're open?

vipervicki likes this.
  9. Marxman

Marxman Member

I've been checking in on Empires every now and again for years, my workweek and schedule isn't really most of the problem. My main problem is that when I'm not working there are no populated servers ever. I can't really be arsed to seed servers like I did when I was a 14 year old. It's simply too much work to find a match of Empires, and then when I do find it, its like, "Oh wow, this feels almost the exact same as it did 11 years ago." And then I go play something like Rising Storm 2 or Insurgency Sandstorm.

And like other people in the thread have said, the game is fucking complex. There are a shitload of hidden/non-intuitive mechanics that you really need to be a vet to know. Every time I've tried to get a friend of mine to play they've played exactly one match and said,"No thanks." So without randoms or people I know to play with, the game has ceased to exist for years for me. I still have it installed and waiting, but it feels like a struggle to try and pick it up again after years of inactivity.