Amphibious CV

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tyberian, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Tyberian

Tyberian Member

Over the past couple of years most of the servers warn
    against suiciding the CV. The suicide is usually done by
    running the Cv into water. Why not make the CV amphibious.
    Let it float as long as it is moving on the body of water. If it
    stops it sinks... Suiciding is a defeatist attitude. Die with
    your boots on.....

2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I don't think this will ever happen, and may have been rejected in another thread. Com surfing would become a strat in cyclopean i'm afraid.

3. Empty

Empty Member

There's also a thread started by solokiller on this, and guess what, it didn't get shot down in 30 seconds.
    SO HAH

4. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

I would approve it, even though there should be some way to end horrible maps if the whole team agrees... ;D

Comm surfing would be okay, just make him really slow... and he should get damaged if he drives out too far onto the ocean, so they can't hide the CV out there.

Maybe the comm chair cant be accessed while it's floating?

5. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Solokiller has a similar thread, but with more ideas to safeguard against the problem:

Some maps use water to deliberately threaten the CV or limit where vehicles can go (sinking is the most obvious, but there are others). Being able to let the CV just drive up to an island where no vehicles are supposed to reach could possibly be problematic.

More importantly, it would let the CV run away from other vehicles very easily on maps with a lot of water.

And 'if it stops it sinks?' Wouldn't that still let it suicide, and mean that this wouldn't protect against many accidental deaths (where they often slip or fall into the water?)

Really, suiciding you can't really stop. If you prevent them from driving into the water, they'll just drive into the enemy base... or recycle all your buildings (including refs) and spend all the res on walls. If the comm wants their team to lose, they're gonna lose.

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I could see CV's hiding in the water behind the BE start on slaughtered.....

7. dra6o0n

dra6o0n Member

Maybe in the far future when aircrafts will be out, the cv won't just be a ground vehicle... Maybe CV can extend it's building placement by placing command radars over the maps? But thats only if CV has to be stationary, or a part of a building.

Now currently, keeping CV as a ground vehicle even in the future pose some problems... Air units can snipe the CV from afar if a player knows how to do it.

8. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

I HAS A NEW BATHTUB TOY!!!! (cv)

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

how awesome would that be :D