ammo crate

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by mr_quackums, Apr 20, 2009.

1. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

a propose a MINOR nerf to the engi; you need to take a skill for ammo crates you drop to refill tanks.

an alternate suggestion would be for a general skill that makes it so you can get ammo from dropped crates, you can still reload at armories and repair pads. would still nerf the engi by making their crates less powerful.

2. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

With the current tank weapons and armor I don't like this.

You need very much of ammo to kill an enemy tank. And there is nothing more useless, than a tank that doesn't shoot.

And because most engineers select repair upgrade you will find noone to place a tank ammo crate.

3. zenarion

zenarion Member

How about, requesting an ammo crate deployed by parachute, activated by the comm? Those you can put a limit on as well, so no engineers go nade-spamming an enemy base just cause they can.

4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Like it wasn't hard to get the com to drop refs.. ;)

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

exactly, and thats a bad rip-off from the battefield 2

6. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Or make it so you can no longer obtain grenades from ammo boxes.

7. Demented

Demented Member

I'm going with SIP's interpretation of Quackum's suggestion.
    And I think it's a fairly interesting idea. There might be a better way to do it, and it would be worth waiting to see what other suggestions appear before deciding on what to do, but I like the principle of it.

Minor negative: You'd first need a way to tell when an ammo box is capable of refilling a vehicle. Otherwise there'll be an ammo box lying around that tanks end up sitting next to, wondering why they don't have any ammo.

8. Dragoon_Jett

Dragoon_Jett Member

Make it so you have to build ammo crates like every thing else? It obviously will take less time, BUT you get the sparks and sound which alert people to something being built and thus make it harder for people to ninja grenade spam.

9. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

thats the reason i threw in the alt (need a general skill to get ammo from engi crates) or what if engis had to choose between infantry crates and vehicle crates, no skill needed but once you place one the cooldown goes into effect for both?

im just trying to think of ways to make it so engis are less godlike, and knock them down to angel-like.

10. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Noooo. It's hard enough to get engineers to drop ammo as it is. They need to always have the ability, and they need to know that everyone else will be able to benefit from it (seriously, if other people needed a skill to benefit fully from my ammo crates, how am I supposed to know when to drop them? Half the time I'll be wasting my crates by dropping them near people who lack the skill, and the other half ammo-deployment will be delayed because I'll have to wait for them to ask to be sure. Things that get in the way of teamwork are not good ideas.)

I can see the concern here, of course. But the engineer's ability to supply ammo to others is not something that should be nerfed. If anything, it needs to be made more obvious and easy to use. If you want to keep engineers from re-arming themselves or their own tanks somehow, sure, I can see that problem; suggest a way to do that. But I don't think it should be anything that makes it more complicated, difficult, or uncertain to supply ammo to other people.