Allow vehicles to move a little when overheated.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sgt.Security, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Oh right, that's more sensible. The way you originally worded it made it seem like the only way, or at least a way, to get out of being stunned was to put yourself into overheat which made no sense.

2. Avatarix

So this is being implemented no matter what?

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I got nothing against that. But you know, that's coding.

"Overheat => sit there and wait for respawn", is one of the things that I always wanted to fix.
    The effect on sticky grenade would be insufficient to block this feature.

Because sticky grenade will still keep 80%+ and the most important part of its functionalitie. Tanks will only be able to output 10~20% power and they still won't be allowed to fire.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

beside the fact that this idea already got good critic points i want to point it out again :-)

if you really want to fix the overpowered sticky stun, just reduce it's duration to a more tactical 6s duration! (from 10s)

actually (normal/not stuned) overheating isn't that much of an issue, all it does is limiting your movement and firerate - also it was and should stay a thing you need to consider while driving!
    so if you do "this" you need to adjust heat values to cause/create more overheated states aswell to counter it!

i see the "heat" meter as a combination of ...
    - actual heat, that is caused when you fire&move and normaly need you to take brakes to cool weapons&engine (stop shooting &/or moving)
    - and energy, wich is produced while you driving and stored while standing still, used to power weapons&abbility's(wich doesn't exist - yet)
    but atm the system/values are quite balanced - just the engines need to be more unique in general! ;-)
    plasma already is a thing and just work as intended - maybe the Plasma MG could be changed to produce more heat by increasing firerate but reducing damage - rendering it a pure support weapon!

allowing vehicles to move even with very slow speeds can cause many situations where they punish infantry to fighting against them in close quarters - while that needs to be ReBa too (because the actual aiming angle restrictions are stupid on the maps we play!)
    if a vehicle gets into overheated state - especially by stun - it deserves to be deactivated completly! (because that is what overheating means!)
    Æ traping/squashing infantry against obstacles
    Æ maybe still roadkill them downhill

another way to counterbalance your change is to add damage per second (~0.5dmg/s) to be generated while in overheated state - but i can already hear the crys "why my tank lose heath without damage source?" or "why my tank explode without cause?" xD

btw, why CV remain 0%???
    if a vehicle deserve to be less affected by sticky stun then the CV - not only because it is the most advanced vehicle on the battlefield but also have no weapons and only it's commanding equipment that consumes energy/produce heat! - but indeed it would be cool when you can disable com-mode with sticky stuns^^

additionally, as COMPAREANCE - NOT as C&P concept/values source!!!
    BF2142 - EMP Weapons
    sticky stuns are just matching EMP concept and the games concepts nearest to EMPIRES(!!!) are "nuclear dawn", "bf2"+"bf2142" and "planetside2" - in my eye's ofc!
    (other than that "CnC Renegade" or "Renegade X" & "natural selection 2" for the asynch gameplay)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  5. Avatarix

what is your point exactly?

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

To shorten stun stickies to 6 seconds so rainbow unicorns and tactical and commander and Bf2142.

7. Avatarix

yup, that's actually the only thing i could comprehend from the post (no offence ofc)
    also no EMP because tanks are being driven by sheer force of awesomness and boomtanking, not some weird-ass electronics (also NF uses alloys created in some bacterial synthesis soo im not sure)
    ^ this actually sounds cool

8. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Regarding BRD's Plasma point, that is EXACTLY what it was years ago. It was a support weapon, meant for tanks to use to overheat the enemy giving them MUCH more heat and allowing them to be sitting ducks. We need to make our weapons usable again, we need to make tank combat fun again and we need to MAKE EMPIRES GREAT AGAIN.

Edit: After reading BRD's post, that was the only thing I could make out. The rest of it was non-sensible English... as is usual with BRD

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  9. LordDz_2

The cycle continues..

Isn't it time for a "let's revert to version X when everything was golden thread" again?

Neoony likes this.
  10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

as if there ever was a significant change.

11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Well, I would advocate for some changes to be reverted yea. Plasma used to be a completely support weapon, now it does damage and is NEVER researched because it is so bad, at least before it would be researched as a side weapon for it's overheating features.

12. LordDz_2

It was never researched before either, other than using it with the Bio Diesel glitch (Bind 2 cannons to mouse 1, allows movement).

13. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

It was researched before, I remember using it on an APC to overheat an NF heavy on Arid. Granted that's one memory, but I do recall using it on Canyon, Cyclopean and others. Perhaps, if it goes back to this "Support" weapon it would be used more? It would definitely be used more than it is currently.