Aircraft field unlockables/upgrades

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nutnoze, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Nutnoze

Nutnoze Member

Ok yes first of all i do realise that the aircraft field hasn't ACTUALLY been made yet... So don't start calling me a dumbass about that.

Things it should already have.
    1. Refueling station
    2. Replacement of ammo station
    3. Hanger
    How this should work in my oppinion: When you choose to land your aircraft you look at the airstrip and start going in, when you are close there will be a little pop up effect (like the lock on thing) and when that appears you can hit reaload (or a different key I don't care) and it will come down nice and easy, bing auto-pioleted. Then you're on the airstrip, now you can hit 1 2 or 3 to go to the refueling station (refuel, duh) Replacement of ammo station (duh again) or the Hanger (stores your aircraft away, you have the ability to save it there for only you or for everybody to access?)

Ok a few ideas here for the aircraft field upgrades.
    1. AA turrets on the roof, need I say more?
    2. Air trafic controll, a lot of the map's aircraft, friendly and enemy are shown.
    The airfield can have an upgrade initiated by the commander, then the engineer has to repair the upgrade as if it were a new building (a seperate bar? You have to go in there and go to where the upgrade is itself?)

Finally some things it should unlock.
    1. Accessability to build anti-air turrets level 1,2 or 3 (depending on your turret upgrade level)
    2. Ability to reserch aircraft affecting upgrades (IE New aircraft chasis, new and better weps, bombs etc.)
    3. Ability for commander to make small radar towers that need to be repaired by the engineer, sort of like the radar buildings the engineer can make for free only better. (upgradeable by the engineer? commander? both? neither?)
    4. Ability to research some special AA chainguns that can be mounted on tanks instead of machienegun or chaingun
    5. AA tank that has VERY good AA guns on top, but no cannons
    6. SAM sites?

Thats all I can think of, I hope some of it will be usefull :o
    Feal free to post and give your ideas, and your oppinions on mine, but try not to make this a place where everybody is arguing about 1 idea like the SAM site and ignoting all the other 20 out there.
    (Things with a ? after them are either Iffy of weather they should be included or have multiple options)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  2. Deiform

Deiform Member

Why don't you wait till they actually make the aircraft hanger. It may be not what you think...

3. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

have you thought of the apc? and i am sure the fev's though long and hard... no need for further post's on this... there has been alot of posts' and i believe the planes are now blimps. so alot of the things you brought up will not need to be addressed...

4. Nutnoze

Nutnoze Member

Hay, just sudgesting ideas...

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

are they really going for the blimps? i thougt they were joking, but blimps woud be nice if they did it correct

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

Wow I'm getting confused. I thought blimps were a joke too, but Angry seems so sure even I am starting to question it.

(still hoping for it to be warzone2100-like VTOL's though ... aah, memories)

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

The aircraft bays are already modelled... Or at least brenodi one is.

Just needs coding.

EDIT: Blimps are indeed a joke.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

to bad, i woud rather like a blimp nf vehicle

9. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

I think the airfield should consist of different buildings you build separately... Hangar to repair, factory to build, fueling station to refuel/fill ammo quickly.

10. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

why do people insist on makeing things more complicated than they have to be? i just want 1, mabey 2 buildings that need to be build to get everything out of aircraft.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

simplify maaan!!

12. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Quackums,
    realize that without complexity things would be too boring and dont forget complexity usually keeps the techs in their jobs...fixing other peoples mistakes for making something too complex.
    Personally things are too simple at the moment, there needs to be 'complex' written on everything and I mean EVERYTHING.

6am...havent slept....for the second night so excuse my horrible replies ^_^

13. AnRK

AnRK Member

yeah i agree, if i wanted simple id play counterstrike