Agak Thalal, The Anus of Empires

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nattaboy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

I randomed a fort name that was the something of Empires, but saw 'Anus' listed so couldn't resist. No jokes about me and anus will be appreciated.

here is link for download (rar file) - link

load up and reclaim, this is version 0.31.09, latest version as of yesterday. Remember, everyone plays one ingame year, then we all upload, decide whose is the coolest, then play from that save.

stick this into your copy of DF (preferably 0.31.10), this is the world gen parameters. the save file itself apparently would take 5 hours to upload, so i just sent the world gen text. Here is the location I'm using -
    [​IMG]
    Strike the Earth!
    (in b4 stike the anus)

EDIT: NEW VERSION OUT, apparently fixed bugs from .09

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. Kamber

Kamber Member

link gives me a 404 error, is that the save folder itself or all of dwarf fortress?

3. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

My bad, my internet has just been reduced to dialup speed (stupid steam sales and Engineer Update sapping mah bandwidth), so upload to dropbox is painfully slow. I will just upload the world gen parameters, and post a screenie of where to go for location.

Unfortunately, this means not everyone will necessarily start with the Anus of Empires. only me :(

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

lol, toady fixed some serious issues , but bolts can now penetrate anything and traders fight with your animals

lols ensued

5. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

sounds awesome, so have marksdwarves gone from underpowered to overpowered?. I'm just happy that he took out the Arsenal Dwarf.

6. Cloud

Cloud Member

Being the creator, you should have the honour of playng the first year, i'd recommend setting df up so that it saves every season, to ensure that you don't miss the stop date.

I recommend setting up in a terrifying area, it's actually not that hard. Just make sure it's in a resource rich environment.

7. Kamber

Kamber Member

Well i tried my hand at a year and things went fairly rough. I had a werewolf show up within the first 5 minutes and behead / dismember my carpenter, thankfully I found that a wood cutter with a copper axe can cut a werewolf in half after a couple swings.

before the summer even arrived the wood cutter had killed 3 more werewolves and we had lost only 1 more dwarf (he succumbed to an infection from wounds he got from the 1st werewolf). 1 dwarf was also injured when he had decided to go to sleep on the wagon after a drink, and ended up getting his had broken by a hungry werewolf. fortunately he was a skilled miner and promptly cut off there werewolfs hand with his pickaxe which sent the werewolf running, the wood cutter chased him down and cut his head off :rolleyes:. its to bad you cant butcher werewolves, i would have liked to make a suit of werewolf armor for my woodcutter :D.

after that it was mostly quiet until late winter, only enemies that i saw were a lone kobalt in autumn. by the time winter came we had gotten another 8 dwarves and i had managed to get bedrooms dug out and furnished(just beds), a well dug and some land irrigated for farming. i had also had a guy collecting and processing all the phantom spider webs that were spread around the forest. when the dwarven traders came i traded a bunch of crafts and the dead dwarves giant cave spider clothing for a couple of bronze swords, booze and a suit of leather armor.

things started going badly when a werewolf showed up after the defrost (seems the biome freezes for 1 month in winter) and started chasing my fisher-dwarf. I noticed that my prized werewolf slaying woodcutter was still resting from a dented hand he had gotten from the last werewolf he had killed, his wound screen was blank but he wouldn't get up even with a kill order. so i assigned another dwarf an axe and gave him an order to kill the newcomer, after a long chase he finally caught the werewolf, the werewolf's leg was crippled but the dwarf's had had been injured and to my dismay the recruit decided to run and rest instead of finishing off the unconscious werewolf on the ground. i assigned another 2 dwarves armed with an axe and a sword to kill the werewolf but before they could get outside the werewolf recovered and managed to kill 2 more dwarves before being driven off (escaped off the edge of the map unfortunately).

so that was the year. hopefully others do better, it would be tough to get things going again unless a big migrant wave arrives.
    fortress map can be found here

8. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

Did you gen your own world Kamber, or use mine?

9. Kamber

Kamber Member

yeah i used the world gen profile that was in the region1-world_gen_param.txt file found in the rar you uploaded. world map seemed to match up and the embark location seemed to be the same, hopefully i didn't just write that up for the wrong fort :o

10. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

nah, it looked fine. I'll be uploading my map soon-ish, as soon as i get a chance to play. Having to do projects over holidays sucks.

11. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

what the fuck is this........................?