AFV sucks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Empty, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Random awesome suggestion:

How about taking an idea that was originally thought of but never implemented?

[​IMG]

Just increase the length of the sideports and you've got yourself some lovely infantry cover.

To add even more awesomeness to this pretty impossible idea, I was thinking of adding two layers to the side of the AFV that will flap out (on the hud) to portray the sideports accordingly. And when those layers are damaged, they break apart into pieces \0/

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

You mean that you should be able to move at the same time?
    Or will you become a sittin duck like the Heavy Tanks in Ground Control 2? The ''Ravager''

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I do have fun in GTA pulling up in my SUV, opening the door, then shooting from behind it.

Don't see it working quite as well in empires mind, AFVs are too vulnerable to work as shields.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I think those shields would be better as a usable position in the AFV. A player walks up to it, presses Use, and then they automatically hold on to it and walk with it, leaning their weapon on the top of it. If the AFV speeds up too much, they just get ejected.

People could still hide behind it, just makes it less frustrating to use.

Another cooler thing would be where there are foot positions on the door, so you can stand on the back of it and go along for the ride.

5. Empty

Empty Member

Actually, you could make it another seat.

Just have the fellas hangin' out the sides, with a jeepstyled seat, so they can shoot as they drive.

Empires needs more fun in different slots :D

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Agree............

7. Goose

Goose Member

I didn't feel like reading this whole thread. A small suggestion would be to increase the weight capacity on an AFV. Right now if your commander gets armor x, you can only put 2 plates of it on. Therefore your nothing more than a large, slow LT. If you also want to have full armor you cannot get a chain gun where as with the LT you can. So I think uping the weight quite a bit would make the AFV a better and more balanced tank.