Additional config files for squad-leader and squad-member

Discussion in 'Implemented' started by Xyaminou, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I would like to have A (because I'm using AZERTY) be squad target when I'm squad leader and spot when I'm not.
    As far as I know it is currently impossible because of the delay in F-menu.
    Another way to fix that and additionally free up some binds that would be use for squad powers is to include config files that triggers when you're squadleader, and when you're regular infantry.

2. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

This doesnt seem like a difficult thing to add. Though it would mostly go unused by the majority of players.

Should be able to add a hardcoded "exec squadleader.cfg" when you become squad leader quite easily.

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yeah I though it would be easier, but you're also gonna need one when you resign squadleader, right? to unbind the binds that have been done?

4. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

Generally keys aren't unbound through the current system; they're overridden by another control set.
    I think a single additional control set will work for this, I see no need for a "nonsquadlead.cfg" because you can use infantry.cfg for this (since it's always executed when changing control set).

Anyway, I've got this working. It will not have options in the controls menu for now and is currently only accessible through directly editing the squadleader.cfg file. This will hopefully ship in a later version. (Although patches are being released painfully slow right now.)