A few sudgestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nutnoze, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Nutnoze

Nutnoze Member

1. Commander rotation, the commander should be able to rotate his view and snap it back so up is up on the minimap and down is down etc. I have found it hard to move around and locate what the heck your looking at/where you are on the minimap when it's all screwed up and alligned to the vehicle not the minimap.
    2. Building creation animation, I don't care if it's fancy, or just buildings taking about 1-2 seconds to go from invisible to see-through to solid, or a really cool animation like it being dropped off from a large ship out of the sky, or phasing in and slowly dropping down all by itself so when it's solid it hits the ground, I just still find it a tad disconserting when suddenly a giant barraks pops up out of nothing.
    3. Hacking a stationary vehicle, when you are an engineer and you find a stationary enemy vehicle (weather anybody is in it or not) If you have this skill from being promoted you can wait about 20 seconds? more? less? With the engineer's tool, as if you were destroying it, and then you have hacked it's computer. After that you can use secondary fire as if you were going to build a turret or surveylance and you have some options that take about 5 seconds? more? less? to execute each.
    1. Dissable all weapons (if there are any)
    2. Dissable movement
    2a. After this you can wait an additional 5 seconds and have the vehicle take off driving straight ahead untill something stops it/it gets destoryed, makes for some ammusement for you and confusion for them :) .
    3. Override controll of turret and have it spin in circles as fast as it can shooting wildly everywhere, causing it to waste ammo, overheat and maybe even shoot their base ;) .
    4. Stick their gear into neutral, but rev the engine untill it overheats, then instead of shutting down it will keep going, causing slow dammage and possibly loss of movement.
    Now also the engineer can have an anti-hack skill that will alert him of if he is being hacked and will prevent it.

These are 3 odd ideas that popped into my head, agree with them or not, please say so, but please don't say "you stink becase you have the worst ideas ever you should be banned blah blah flame blah blah."

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

1. Read the manual - x and z

2. Omg lag.

3. Been suggested before and probably not going to happen.

All the sub-sections to it - Wth are you on kid?

3. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Contrary to what Deiform says, building animations would not cause lag. In fact, I think it's not a bad idea. Not entirely sure what should happen when the building is placed, but having it pop in is certainly less than ideal.

4. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Giving a building a 5 sec build animation wouldnt cause any lag or any major fps drops.

it'd be rather nice to see an animation or just phase-in thingy.

And on a sidenote, making proper animations for when a building is destroyed would be nice too... I mean, the only way to know if a vehicle/building is destroyed is if it turns dark, thats quite boring :P

5. Jimather

Jimather Member

building animations will be created with shaders in the future.

6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

1: Hold x or z and move mouse about. Can't remember what each does but they do something

2: They will be using shaders to show building health/development (subject to change)

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I think a lot of the zoom problems with noob commanders would be fixed by a full list of commands in game, and I will keep saying the comm needs more hot keys and a UI optimization

8. Deiform

Deiform Member

I was actually refering to his sugggestion of a Dawn of War approach where the building is dropped off by a big plane. And, you're saying that would not cause lag...but if it's a simple building animation then obviously it won't lag.