A few random idea's..

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by PJB, Jul 23, 2006.

1. PJB

PJB Member

I dont know if any of these are allready planned but i'm going to say them.

Nukes... love the weapon, love the idea... but it needs something to say 'look i'm a nuke!'
    there was a thread in general with a missle model, something like that for the projectile, and if anyones familiar with it, something like the nucklear apocolipse sweps in gmod for the expostion.

MG turrets, lower the accuasy a bit, i dont mean where they aim, but give the bullets more spray, that way if your behind a crate or something they will still hit your head rather than just hit the crate or not shoot.

Tanks and armour either they die too fast, or not fast enough, in particular grenades..
    seriously how can it be justified for a single grenade thrown by a man be capable of taking off two layers of armour of any kind of tank? basicaly my feelings on the matter are that splash damage from anything less than a nuke should be microscopic against armour (lets face it it would be) and direct hits should be as effective as they are.. that would fix the moaning about the power of artie, as only direct hits would work against a tank...

talking of artie and idea me and my clan (gk) have been playing with is Nuke arty, the idea being it would cost a fortune, and have a low refire rate.. but be slightly more powerfull than the standard nuke. if it cost about 5000 odd it wouldn't really ever get a showing in a standard game, but in a scrim sitiuation would be an exelent weapon for the smart commander.

and finaly, superweapons, allmost every RTS i've ever played has deployable superweapons (AOW falling star, RA2 nuke, generals scud, etc). what i'm thinking is that empires could benifit from such weapons, limited to only one, with a long reload time (possibly needing enginers to arm the weapon?) and balanced by making it weak to infintary attack (eg one grenade in a particlar spot will cause it to be reset, and several destroy it)

just some random ideas.. disguss

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I would like to see different effect for different weapons tank uses. Including their explosions.

I agree that tanks should not be able to be taken down by grenades.

HE arty is enough for me =P

I hate RTS games with super weapons.

3. 2TM

2TM Banned

You Almost stole the name of my thread... right below this one :<

4. Angelo85

Angelo85 Member

I love the idea of a "superweapon". Because the endgame can take quite a while though the winner is decided already. Some people might enjoy tearing the enemy apart minute for minute, building by building and leaving only the CV alive. But well... I don't like it very much and most of the time, half of the loosing time leaves the server because they know it'll take forever to end it.
    A Superweapon could maybe do something against this. Or the loosing side should get his well deserved comeback with it!

5. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

like nukes make a small nuclear explosion,
    plasma cannons melting the target on a kill,
    HE blowing the tank to shit on a kill,
    etc
    that would look quality

6. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

Ok, where is my Ion Cannon? Goodbye you evil ****ers, have my ultra death ray destroy one of your buildings instantly (ahhh, the smell of burnt steel in the morning!)

7. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

The Superweapon is a crutch used when the game becomes boring for players after over half an hour.

8. PJB

PJB Member

thats why i liked the idea of it needing to be 'armed' by engies.
    like say the northern faction had a nukelear missle of some kind, after the structure was built, an engie (or engies) would actually need to go inside and construct the missle itself. prehaps the bendolie could have some kind of partical cannon or something witch would equaly need constructing in some mannar. that way for a winning team it would take five or ten minites as everyone was at the front lines except one or two engies. but the loseing side would have more men to work on it, and so it would take less time.

9. Jn.

Jn. Member

I think it was Bodrick who made a pretty cool animation for a Nuke. I know that different explosions and whatnot will be implemented further on down the road, but for now it's getting the game perfectly stable.

10. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

yes, most RTS's have super weapons but the gods of RTS (warcraft2/3 and starcraft) do not. i think there is a good reason for that.

but i do love your idea of splash dmg only scratching the paint off tanks.

11. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I don't think there should be a "Super-weapon" like they had in generals, or similar games. Perhaps, instead, a "Super-vehicle" like nuke arty, EXCEPT it's prohibitively expensive to build, and prohibitively expensive to research.

And takes so much weight the final tank is almost guaranteed to barely move and have almost no armor.

So it would be a big investment that, if well-protected by other tanks or stuff, would be killer. BUT, it would require teamwork. Otherwise, say goodbye to Mr. Expensive Nuke Arty.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

It would be cool on a map, to have a nuclear missile structure in one of the corners. in one end of the structure would be targeting, and the other end would be a nuke that needs to be built. lobing grenades at the nuke would detonate it in the structure.

fun?

13. PJB

PJB Member

thats a pretty cool idea too sandbag.
    i still say the splash damage wouldn't do much to tanks though, because lets face it, as long as the heat isn't above 2000 degrees (eg nuke) it's not going to even scratch a tank.

i still say that the game needs some kind of finisher, just today i was in a battle where the NF where dead, litteraly dead, they had one refinary, and just kept using turrets and grenadiers to keep us out of their single remaining base. but the case of actually killing them took about an hour, at the end most of the people had left the server from boredom of the stalemate, some kind of weapon capable of punching a hole in the defences (superweapon) would be the perfect answer.

warcraft i've never played, but then i dont really want to, starcraft ruled though.

14. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Which is planned. :p

15. PJB

PJB Member

oh? care to enlighten us?

16. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

not yet i dont think m8

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

IMO arty are the ultimate finisher... 2 arty with HE rounds can literally flatten everything in their path. all they need are a little infantry on the ground keeping the grenediers back.

18. PJB

PJB Member

depends on the map, crossroads yeah, mvally? methink not.. i had HE and ranged arty... didn't help me :(
    however an aircraft with guided missles of some kind could work in a similar fastion

19. Waraddict

Waraddict Member

Im a little reluctant to accept a superweapon in a game like this, but if anything I think it should be done the C&C Renegade way, perhaps a player who carries a superweapon beacon cannot carry anything else?

20. Jn.

Jn. Member

*straps c4 to chest*

Lets go!