A death of a god...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wereaser, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

2. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Yeah, it really is a shame. It had such great potential. I think I kinda saw the death coming when they switched over to Source, though.

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I saw the pics of some of them maps... omg thats beautiful. It realy is a shame... I hope you guys do get at least the maps and some of the code. Altho I can understand if they realy don't want to let that go.

4. Ganks

Ganks Banned

Stop crying over it. These things happen so many times and once youve seen someone overextend themselves for the hundreth time you just stop paying attention.

But anyway Arent you glad Krenzo isnt like that? I <3 you Krenzo. GROUP HUG!!! :D

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Hum... Never heard of it...

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

You gotta thank the rest of the dev team too. Even though I'd still be coding if they all left for some reason, things would never be the same.

7. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

If the rest of the team left, I'd send hitmen to intimidate them back, or kill them.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

what makes this mod so different?

9. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

It's actually had a release?

I think the reason this mod has survived is because the dev team is very dedicated to seeing their mod come to life, because they have experience actually working together, and because they're taking it step by step instead of tackling a huge amount of content at once.

10. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

its like a neverwinter mod i was waiting for for like2 years (age of the dead). it was aborted because the mod team kept changing engines, had a very limited test team, and only released updates every few months (that only the 20 or so testers could see anyway). it had alot of potential, but is alas no more.

11. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

That sucks I was kinda looking foward to it..., just hope Black Mesa: Source doesn't die...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  12. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i dont no what mod that was.....sooo i dont really care. this mod, when it gets outta beta, is what i want, coupled with caliber, eternal silence, iron grip, PVKII, firearms 2, and incoming:source.

on a seperate note, starseige.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

14. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

ive heard of it, but iver never been to the site.

DAMNIT soo many bookmarks.

15. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Don't support Firearms 2. The devs are dicks.

You can find the long version at their site. I honestly don't know why the hell there's so much drama in the Half-Life 2 modding scene. It's disheartening.

16. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I heard about that a while ago but isn't computer games considered a form of art under US law? Thus the FA2 team would need permission from the creators of FA, even if no money is involved?

17. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Actually, I don't think that video games are considered art under U.S. law. There have at least been legal battles that have ended under the judge's assertion that games aren't art. And either way, there's no way that the original FA team would have the monetary resources necessary to carry out such a lawsuit. The fact of the matter is that the little guy is very often boned by the U.S. legal system.

18. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

dude, that scenario is the gayest thing ever created. how can those dicks live with themselves? omfg i need that knife-thru-the-internet device. god damnit that pisses me off.
    http://www.steamreview.org/personal/articles/atharon_web.html
    this is about the atharon mod. it ends nicely tho. i think that some of the modders out there are like those 40 yr olds with mustaches that u see at the kiddy park.