9-mine Detonation Message

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Apex, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

How about more competent admins? like, I see someone ninemanning, 1 WEEK BAN,,, some other admin sees someone ninemining, ow Ima not ban him I4ll just warn him about shit he knows and wait to see if he does it again in the 10 minutes I'm in here... ITS CALLED INSTABAN PEOPLE.

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I don't think you listened to what empty said. It all works on singleplayer, but then when you try to use it on a server, especially one with 50 players, it fucks up. Empires has minor lua support too, and it lets you create circles of turrets around players and funny shit, but it would spike the server bad if 64 people were creating turret circles.

3. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

Funny cuz I have seen 64+ players on servers using lua scripts for more then just turret circles.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Empires slots don't go higher than 64 slots. And the lua support will let you do little more than turret circles, so I personally think you're talking out of your arse.

5. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

I didn't say the 64+ player was in empires just stating that it is possible and other mods have 64+ players with lua scripts running without spkies.lua will let you do a lot more than turret circles.

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Of course it will, but comparing Empires to other mods that support 64+ players (which ones, actually? I only thought Gmod or something like that supported that many players) is a bit silly because Empires pushes the limits of the Source engine pretty damn hard on networking, graphics, maps and probably a few more

7. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

Not just gmod...CSS,L4D,DOD servers are moving to using more Lua scripts.
    Funny you say that "Empires pushes the limits of the Source engine" This thread is about adding more useless stuff.

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Those aren't mods, first of all (not even Gmod anymore), they're games for which you have to pay.

Secondly, a simple message isn't going to cause a lot of extra CPU load. AI engineer robots or some other expensive feature would.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Those games all have full licensed access to the entire source engine. Free mods have much more limited access.

10. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

I am taken it that you do not play on gmod or css servers ?
    Gmod or css might have "more" access to the source code ??? But that would not give that access to the servers that run the Mods in side of gmod or css.
    Anyone that owns gmod can go online and see that 98% of the servers do not run gmod. They run gmod mods with Lua and other stuff. The "simple message"
    as you put it couldn't be just a simple message. It would have to track the time you drop a mine and where it was dropped. Now think about how many mines get dropped in a game.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Just give a message when x mines get detonated at the same time by who? The mines are already connected to the player (you get points for kills) so just a simple check on how many sent shit flying shouldn't be that costly.

But I know nothing of programming, I had issues with doing copy-pasta jobs in notepad scripts :D

12. OuNin

OuNin Member

the truth does not fear investigation

benign miners need not worry

13. Empty

Empty Member

You just want to replicate 1984 in empires.

Everyone loves big shandy.