2nd slot on vehicles-improve.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Shakura Jolithion, May 13, 2006.

1. Shakura Jolithion

Shakura Jolithion Member

Currently, the 2nd slot of vehicles (I'm excluding jeeps for obvious reasons) is rather useless. Troops on the ground have an extremely easy time killing them. I think it would be much more useful if the person inside the 'gunner' seat took only 10-25% damage from weapons, that way there would actually be a reason to sit there in a firefight, as opposed to getting on the ground where you're not such a sitting duck.

2. Sebybeby

Sebybeby Member

Thats a good idea,

Although personaly I wish that some tanks, especialy heavys had a second gunning position that actuarly had a sloted weapons, so second gunner could say have lvl 3 machine gun, or missile launcher or somthing.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

They're working on that, if I recall correctly.
    Just wait for the next patch I guess :p

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

That has always been planned. The "option" is already in game but unuseable (like aircraft)

As for the original post: A simple crouch or "hatch down" feature would be handy. However, a grenadier in 2nd position of APC is very, very handy.

5. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I think the fact that I can shoot an AFV's treads once with the scout rifle, and the gunner in the top dies, is indicative of some messed up hitboxes :P

6. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

I accually aim for the turret it self and it ususally drops a rag doll out of the little hole.

Yeah, I'm all for a "Take Cover" ablity in the second slot so you can atleast get out of the line of below level inf fire.Hatch closure would be nice, but you should be able to kill the guy if you get above him.

7. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I think having a duck key would be more fun.