2 Moons (OGame Clone)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Omega_K2, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

Hello, I currently run a Webbrowsergame called 2 Moons which is pretty much a clone of the commerical Ogame. The game is about intergalactical conquership; you can colonize planets, you research new technologies, start expiditions into the dark space and build massive spaceship fleets to crush your enemies.

It's free to play and everyone is welcome to sign up.

You can sign up here:
    http://xnova.german-slaughterhouse.de/

Current Settings are:

Galaxies: 2
    FleetSpeed: 10
    ResouceSpeed: 10
    GameSpeed: 10
    Dark Matter cost for officers or temporary boosts is massivly reduced (1/10 for temporary boosts, about 1/3 for officers)

You can find the board on my forum related to the browser game here:
    http://board.german-slaughterhouse.de/index.php?board=57

You can find the rules here:
    http://xnova.german-slaughterhouse.de/?page=rules

To give everyone an equal start, the game will start tommrow, 11/12/2010 17:30 GMT+1 ; start may be sightly delayed, but make sure to be online around that time.

Until the offical start, you'll receive no resources and have no starting resouces on your planet, but you can still do everything else like normal.
    Once the offical start is reached, I'll run a database query that unlocks the basic income and starting res :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  2. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

if it works on my phone i'll play
    edit: it doesnt

3. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Who stickied this? Its nice to know which mods decide something is worthy of it...

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I stickied it. These are generally more fun with more people in it. Back in one a few years back on Jekotia's hosting, we had over 30 people on it, active. I tried a few of the new ones since then, but they sucked. This is the chance we have to get a lot more people on board and have some fun with it.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

im in, what does "2 galaxies" mean (im in galaxy 3 so...) also howmany colonys can you have?

7. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

I'll have to delay the release a bit longer, 11/12/2010 17:30 GMT+1

That's system 3, not galaxy. Orignally, this had 9 galaxies, which means 9x 499 Systems with 15 planet positions each.

8 Colonies, can be increased further later on by research.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

awww, way to many colonies :(

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Hmm this reminds me of my NewNova venture, I should start working on that again

10. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

More colonies also mean that you have to distribute your res more wisly, and are more vulnerable to attacks (a very powerful fleet could still destory your colonies, unless you have LOTS of defenses, and buildings lots of defenses per planet is expansive of course ; )

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

more colonies make the game easier, not harder

also easier to gank weak players

"distribute your res wisely" mostly comes down to ether mass producing everything on site and just for terraforming using a couple transports or having 1 shipyard planet produce everything and having the rest of the planets as moneycows being milked every so often by a fleet of transports (the second one being far more effective, but way more labour incentive and as soon as the transport fleet is crashed your economy crashes while the first one is far more reliable)

in short, the more colonies possible the more the "weak" player is in disadvantage and the more slippery slope for the weak you have (not taking into effect fleets etc)

12. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Can't you just increase the newbie protection, then?

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

then the game becomes boring and even more slippery as you can only attack so many people you will attack the same over and over and over and over bashing them into the ground

a nice middle way would be setting a limit on 3 to 4 planets, and the research to increase it later on

players who want to build intergalactic empires can then if they so please

14. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

I intended to keep the n00b protection intact much longer. it is set in a way that you can't attack anyone within the factor of 5 within your points (nobody who has 5 times the points, or nobody who has less then 1/5)

Hm the problem with the tech that increases your planent amount is that is kinda expansiv, the higher the level, the longer it actually takes until you benefit from your new planets.
    Though, if I hear more people wanting less planets I could that, though I'm thinking less drastic, 6 planets at the beginning or so.

Anyway, the final timer is set. Game is gonna start at 17:30 GMT+1 server time; new accounts AFTER that will have the default res too.

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i could even live with 8 planets, its just id prefer 6 (seeing as the planet increase tech is apparently hard to get)

16. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

It's kinda hard since everything is on german, is possible to change the language to english?

17. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

Yes it's possible "Einstellungen" then look for "Sprache"

(I don't get why it defaults to german, maybe if you used german during the registration).

18. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

yeah, I found it just now thank you anyway.

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its default to german because you chose it to be, when you register you can change it to english

20. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

Yeah, lol. It had a sperate setting in the admin seciton for the langauge, but also one in the config files; I only had the one in the configs set to english; should work now for everyone.