[2.9.X] Resmeter is inaccurate

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xyaminou, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

The resmeter is inaccurate in game with a larger amount of players, and I don't mean lower amount like Smithy explained because of the damaged refineries, I mean you're getting more than the resmeter indicates.

2. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

From what amount of players does this occur and how big is the difference?

3. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

The current functionality displays the total income from all refineries + flags from the value set by the mapper. Unfortunately it doesn't display income X player multiplier.
    There are other improvements to be made on the counter, so as soon as I get time to revisit it, I'll make sure it shows using the multiplier too.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Actually would it be possible to make the multiplier more fluid? Im pretty sure i remember someone saying it gets increased by alot at certain thresholds.
    Regardless, it would be nice to have the values known and put in some place it would be shown so new people arent caught of guard by "random" high res at high pop.

5. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

Actually I was wrong, I have a bad memory. It does display using the player multiplier, but it doesn't show recycling at all. Anyway:

Essentially its calculated as follows:
    playerMultiplier = numPlayers/emp_sv_player_refinery_multiplier + 1
    multiplier = playerMultiplier * emp_sv_refinery_multiplier
    resToGive = pResourcePoint->GetResourceOutput() * multiplier

So assuming there are 16 players in server and our server refinery multiplier is set to 1, and our refinery is set to output 3 by the mapper:
    playerMultiplier = 16/12 + 1
    multiplier = 2.33 * 1
    resToGive = 3 * 2.33

resToGive = 6.99 (Which gets rounded when converted to an integer)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  6. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

As far as I can see, this is all intended. Any additional resources that you see added but not in the ticker, is the recycled resources - it would be nice though, to display that in a seperate way. Perhaps just below, a black outlined green number that only appears when recycling, that shows the total recycled amount (it just adds everything if multiple vehicles are being recycled). It would disappear when nothing is recycled for 5 seconds.