[2.9.3] Linux Crashes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vdragon, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

The linux version crash when fights get intense.
    Step to reproduce:
    1. Play the game
    2. Have tank shooting? I don't really know, it just seems to happen when there is activity with vehicles.

I am running ArchLinux x86_64 with the radeon open source drivers, most of the game data was acquired via direct download since for some reason the linux version on steam don't download all the game...

Dumps: https://www.mediafire.com/?d9dfq3ucrw8gjs9

2. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Thank you so much for providing the dumps. It will take weeks, if not months, to fix these issues, as I'm the only current with a dev setup on linux, and I'm very busy. I'm sorry the game isn't really up-to-scratch on linux yet - it's not smooth for me either, and I have quite a monstrous computer. Linux optimization is most certainly on the roadmap for me. In the meantime, please update this thread whenever you have more dumps - I'll download them as they come and have them stashed away for when I have a moment to spare.

3. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

Well actually performance have been fine today, had quite stable 300 fps on all the maps that played until i started crashing.
    The only other issues I had beside crashes are the bindings that aren't working at all (i ended up copying my config from windows and setting it as read only) and the download, otherwise everything worked swimmingly.

4. larum

larum Member

How to get the crash dump on linux?

5. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

Okay i got some more crashes, but for some reasons there aren't any new .dump files?

Attached Files:

6. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

Well this look like it is fixed now, trying with the 2.10 didn't result in any crash before more than 2 hours of gameplay

Thexa4 likes this.