[2.5RC's] Console errors when loading new map

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by wealthysoup, Apr 9, 2014.

1. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

The following errors always appear in console when loading a new map:

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Old, old, old issue because tank MG's don't have muzzle particles. Dust particles, I don't know about that one, but I know Duststorm is supposed to have some sort of particle effect that it doesn't have. Hell if I know what trusted_keys_base is, but it doesn't matter, and pure_server_minimal is related to sv_pure I believe.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I swear candles has mentioned the thing with the tracers.

EDIT ninjaed

4. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

I'll have a look at resolving the pure_server_minimal and trusted_keys_base error at some point (notes on both below)

Note for myself-RE, pure_server_minimal and trusted_keys_base:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Pure_Servers

Trusted_keys_base refers to more sv_pure options:

CSS explains both these files well. CSS/cfg directory

5. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Would there be any reason why we shouldn't just resolve the particle errors listed above with some console filtering to hide them?

Don't know about you guys but if I see something red in console I want it to be important.
    Not to mention it looks bad if you just start playing a game and see all the red stuff

6. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Ok I committed a couple of blank files to fix the warnings about trusted_keys_base.txt and pure_server_minimal.txt

Seems like you can only filter 1 console string at a time (Currently doing it with the warning if you have too many windows open) so would need another method to stop the rest of the errors.

Edit: If we ever want to force consistancy on any files they can be done by generating a key for trusted_keys_base and referencing the directory in pure_server_minimal. That should force consistancy even if a server has sv_pure set to 0 (the default), can still be bypassed by setting it to -1