2.5 Client Isn't working

Discussion in 'Support' started by vipervicki, Mar 25, 2014.

1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I installed a 2.5 server but the client wont work, we get an error that says you are in insecure mode and cannot join a secure server, you need to restart. (I am paraphrasing) I did a search for that error and many people have gotten in with tf2 and Css and other games and I have tried every fix I found and nothing works. Client works when we opt into beta empires though.

any ideas?

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Fuck. For some reason, Steam says all the .dlls I make are insecure and don't work. The work around I had to use with the beta server was launch it in insecure mode with VAC disabled, but it really should be something I fixed.

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Did that and VIPER is good to join now. But we are not able to use metamod or sourcemod, so plugins are not working atm. I contacted sourcemod devs and they said they need to get the new gamedata info for sourcemod to work.
    Hopefully that wont take too long.

4. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Hopefully we should be able to handle the creation of the sourcemod offsets ourselves being as candles will be pushing out updates regularly possibly requiring regular updates to sourcemod offsets as well.
    Now that I got a vanilla empires server working on epic, the next thing I will be looking at is getting metamod and sourcemod working and possibly creating the offset file for empires.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I have MM:S and SM working on VIPER, the basic commands work ban, kick, but many commands will crash the server and or client right now w/o the new offsets.

You need the Latest snapshots of each plugin for it to work

6. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

The sourcemod developer says he has updated the offsets, but at the moment typing any sourcemod command into chat crashes the client.
    I will look into this further this weekend as I have run out of time today.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Generating SM offsets has to be added to Jenkins. Lua has more stable interface but there's nothing written in it. I guess it's better to just adapt to technically inferior solution.

8. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Well sourcemod is working fine since the offsets got done and candles fixed the asserts on the client by doing a full recompile of empires.
    Also sourcemod doesn't seem to need new offsets every time empires gets updated now. (Something to do with virtual tables not changing often).
    I think generating sourcemod offsets automatically would be doable though.
    (Can't the ms C++ compiler be instructed to dump an assembly code output as well? Or maybe getting the offsets from the pdb file. MS C++ compiler can also generate a .map file.).

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014