2.26 Rc2

Discussion in 'News' started by MOOtant, Sep 23, 2010.

1. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6615362/empires_client_226_rc2.exe
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6615362/emp_server_226_rc2.zip

Install it over 2.25b or 2.26 RC1. There should be no need to switch to 2.25 and servers should switch to it.

Changelog:

Modified:
    + Scouts with radar stealth are not visible on minimap.
    + Scouts are not visible on minimap when hiding.

Fixed:
    + BE not seeing BE buildings.
    + Building damage resists parsed improperly were set to 0.
    + Updated vehicle presets to match modified armors.

Issues:
    - Attempt to connect to 2.25 server ends with error box and going to desktop. Won't be fixed.
    - Arty feedback is too big on minimap.
    - Building resists to non-infantry damage types are too low.
    - No build for people with no SSE2.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

If arty feedback would show explosion radius instead of some VF size square, these enemies on the mini map thing could make mowtar's pretty deadly.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

fuckk.. I just downloaded this shit and no servers have it. 1 empty server has rc 1... ugh..

edit: also the game crashes for me. I try to join a game and it crashes and says "engine error - bad inline model number 1, world model not yet setup" and when I try to join vipers with 2.26 while they are still on 2.25 it crashes and says this "OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CSDKGameRules' on the client"

edit edit: ok so I tried making my own game with the map canyon this time instead of mvalley and it works.

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Crash on viper (when connecting to 2.25) is expected behavior. Can you join your own server?

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

well I didn't expect a crash to desktop on viper, I thought it would just say server class tables differ or something. But when I tried to make my own server with mvalley it crashed and said this "engine error - bad inline model number 1, world model not yet setup"

then I tried again with canyon and it worked fine.. lemme try another map and mvalley again.

edit: ok tried mvalley agian and it works.. I will be there at the test in an hour

6. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

everything is good,damage seems really high (or building health really low)

7. Mashav

Mashav Member

Seismics, and mls are doing far too much damage to buildings. I don't know about other stuff yet.
    EDIT: Vehicle grenades as well, and vehicle mls and cannons, and vehicle mgs, and arty
    Plasma mg doesnt do any damage to buildings

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

im not switching til its standalone

if you're gonna make it replace 2.25 then get all the retarded bugs out

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Mashav we have like double digit players trying to test for you and you wont update the server to RC 2.. Just cause the RC 1 server works with RC 2 for you doesn't mean shit obviously since you are alone in that server and a shit load of us have been trying to join.. Everytime it crashes to desktop and says this..

OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CEmpGameRules' on the client..

You can't say that no one is showing up for testing when we ARE! Just fucking update the server to RC 2.. I can make my own server in RC 2 and it works just fine.. And now I gotta go in 15 mins.. So just wasted an hour trying to test and getting a bunch of people to test with no help from you.

10. yobbo

yobbo Member

I was getting a crash trying to join the epic rc1 server

engine error:
    OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CEmpGameRules' on the client

-hosting a local server lets me load a map-but i can only rotate camera, cant join a team etc, console has attempt to create entity failed spam

-after hosting a buggered local server I attempt to joint the epic rc1 server, and do not crash, getting different class tables error instead.

-I do run 2.25 with old sse1 patch, and did install over this, I do see the 2.26rc2 install exe overwrites client.dll and server.dll though..

11. Dr. Baron von Evil-Satan

Dr. Baron von Evil-Satan Member

I wonder if he sees the messages of "so-and-so joined the game" and never getting any people in unassigned.

12. Fishstick

Fishstick Member

No. They're trolling everyone with 2.26

We were laughing at all the failed attempts.

Zip link doesn't work. Installer worked perfectly this time, however.

13. yobbo

yobbo Member

I'm getting bizarre happenings, my whole install is messed up. I can't investigate til tommorrow however.

14. Dr. Baron von Evil-Satan

Dr. Baron von Evil-Satan Member

Still some issues with RC2:

1) Vehicle MGs can damage buildings. Also, MLs can take down refs in 3 shots, engie seismics take 2, and mortars about 4. So vehicle damage vs buildings is still broken, along with seismics (which worked fine last version), mortars, and MLs (RPGs seemed unaffected).

2) Just a suggestion, but after building 2 bases the mini-map gets a little glitchy since there's still the error with building icons appearing over other building icons. This results in enemy buildings superimposing themselves over friendly buildings on the minimap when you're exploring enemy territory.

3) Spectator ping appears where wages would appear.

15. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Report them then. I was busy trying to get a Linux build and didn't update the server.

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

MOOtant I already updated it, I just forgot to change the hostname. My bad.

Also, unless there's some 2nd server I don't know of, then stop hating on Mashav. He couldn't even update the server if he wanted to, he does't have the access. The only people that do (and allowed to touch that server) are me, MOOtant, Brutos and Deif.

17. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I installed RC 1 then downloaded and installed RC 2 before I even turned on steam. I was able to make my own server but when I tried to join the RC 1 EPIC server(mashav said it was running RC 2 tho) it crashed... I have pickleds particle pack and daducks custom GUI..

Any idea as to why its making me crash to desktop with this message "OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CSDKGameRules' on the client" ?

18. lgriffin -MEG-

lgriffin -MEG- Member

Updated to 2.26 (from 2.25b). I also get the error OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CEmpGameRules' on the Client.