[2.25] Voice menu hotkeys

Discussion in 'Support' started by Redeemer, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Redeemer

Redeemer Member

Hi
    What keys does voice menu use for hotkey functionality and how can I change them ?

Back in 2.24d, I was able to select submenus with the same keys I use for moving (arrows .. no laughing pls :pathetic:). Now it seems like they're hardcoded to w,s,a,d. (funny is that the center one uses my jump key correctly)

I can't remember whether did mod use movement keys automatically or I dugg through mod files (cfg/res/script files) and changed it somwhere manually. If #1 is true, it doesn't work in 2.25, in case of #2, I can't find it anymore.

So, is there a way to change submenu hotkeys somehow ? I play empires for some 'week' now and so I do use voice menu much. Using mouse is slow like hell.
    thx

2. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

I dont really get what your trying to say but the normal key for the menu is "F".

Are you trying to change the menu to what key u want.

3. Qwert

Qwert Member

From my experimentation, there is a cfg bug somewhere where wasd remain bound to movement keys regardless of what you bind them to, and the game sees wasd first. Just look at the voice menu in game and type "unbind <key>" in console for whatever keys are wrong.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah, some binds override other binds. I tried aliasing F menu commands to my 1,2,3,4,5,6 keys and they got overwritten. There's a way around it though. When I've finished my work I'll fix it this weekend and post here how to.

Add me on steam @ trickster9012 to remind me, because otherwise I'll forget.

5. Redeemer

Redeemer Member

Yeah thx for replies.

I reinstalled the whole thing and that fixed it. But if it wouldn't, yours tips would definitely save me.