2.25 modifications

Discussion in 'General' started by pickled_heretic, Apr 18, 2010.

1. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Round one of the modifications to 2.25 are being released on a preliminary basis tomorrow ONLY on the new nachos and juicebox server. This is just for testing and bug fixing. Stop by and try them out.

long story short: most of these changes are carryovers from things I changed in 2.24 or they were things I was thinking about doing eventually anyway but never got around to.

Back by popular demand, jeep turbos have been reinstated with no changes from 2.24.

The ridiculous 3 phase tokyo drift APCs were brought back in line, which is the major bugfix here. I was unable to nail down the problem with artillery so I didn't really change anything.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. Empty

Empty Member

They're all miniscule changes and you haven't really justified any of them.

Plus you added stupid turbos.
    The only thing I feel is a good move is fixing 3phail APCs.

3. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

APC will be fixed as part of the pending hotfix. Shenanigans confirmed.

Keeping burst pistol?

4. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I don't have to justify any of them. I'm not asking anyone within the development community to do anything, just keeping everyone posted (I mean... at least i *post* a changelog... lol). Once preliminary testing is done, all the servers will upload them.

I'm going to have a discussion with trickster before I touch anything he considers to be his brain child, but there are several problems with infantry weapons i want to go over, and the machine pistol is one of them.

5. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

That's awfully... respectful... of you...

Impostor ! Doppelganger ! Get him !

Seriously though, probably a good call.

6. recon

recon SM Support Dev

QFT
    <filter>

7. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Whoa er arty had a larger splash than he?

And btw, who's idea was it anyways to make the cv walking fortresses?
    Why don't we just make the cv a spawnpoint, give it 5 nuke launchers, take away it's heat bar and call it a day...

8. petemyster

petemyster Member

Why is there so much money on the servers? I think there is too much. I hate everyone being in a tank clusterfucking slaughtered etc. I think 1/3 less resources would be better. If I'm not the only one who doesn't like this, maybe lower the resources on the server aswell? I miss the infantry-tank co-operation :(

9. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Pete;

Because rax's only cost 200 now? :D

Pickled;
    • Nice call on the ER/HE arty.
    • Reducing heat both ways for plasma (and to-target) for nukes is always nice too..too much heat makes for a stale tank battle.
    • I dislike the Heavy Caliber (anti-infantry) machine-gun changes, specifically because I think they're overpowered enough as it is, but that's your choice.
    • Way to justify composite somewhat, and electrical to be a viable research path.
    • Love your version of the BIO missile; it doesn't take a year to wear off, and it actually helps in tank battles.
    • Are you going to touch the CV engine at all?
    • Can't wait for turbo jeeps!

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Reflective is going to be fixed with the 2.25a Hotfix that is being released asap.
    It now does 0-0.5 linear reduction from 0-45 degrees and is clamped at 0.5 above 45 degrees.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Whilst I'm not 100% happy with the infantry balance (NFHR being a little too accurate for example) I don't see any glaring imbalances yet, and I've been playing a hell of a lot. Most people seem to think it's just right. But I'm glad to hear pickled's opinion.

Either way though, I'm more than likely not cycling these on either server just for a few weeks, because I honestly disagree that you can draw those changes (even if many are carried over) within less than a week and have them truely be accurate. Infantry MGs being the exception, granted. It needs at least a few weeks for the real imbalances to show up. I mean, how long did it take for bioplasma to be found?

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Stop trollin' ...

13. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

If you notice this is an overall nerf to all the machine guns except for the chaingun and medium chaingun, which got slight buffs. I might decrease the changes specifically on the medium chaingun since that one does see some utilization already but that's why this is on a testing phase.

14. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

First of all I like to see balance changes in an official balance release, which should come in about one month. Server side only script changes will cause confusions.
    The last time it didn't really worked to have the same scripts on every important server and also to make it clearly visible that there are changes and what have changed.

For the changes themselves I marked my opinion with these color:
    green = support
    yellow = not sure or unnecessary but won't hurt the game balance
    red = don't like
    Plasma cannon: Heat and damage at the same time will never work.
    Salvo homing: Won already some rounds with them. They don't need a buff.
    Jeep turbo: They have 20% and 40% more torque. Turbos are silly and no longer needed.