[2.24] Research Times

Discussion in 'Archive' started by bitchslap, Apr 17, 2009.

1. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

I imagine this is getting re-worked and tweaked (been too busy to test) but now that the armors have inherent strengths and weaknesses can we simply equalize all the times and cost to research them ? Engines could be left as is or marginally re-tweaked but i dont see any reason why we cant test the armors at all the same level and adjust from there if something is overpowered.

the idea being, in a match with 2 decent comms, each team could have a unique different armor at the same time and start rolling out vehicles at each other w/o having to sacrifice any paper vehicles to stem a rush or whatnot..

it will likely also make it easier to balance out the resists/modifiers on the armor if you notice trends in armor selection per team in the next release...

2. communism

communism poof

EE tree should be kept as an early game armor and there should be some type of armor that excels at late game (regen coming to mind)

Reactive being a quick research giving you a great advantage for lights/afv's while regen being time consuming but lasting you all game and getting stronger and stronger with each chassis

3. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

i thought they were going with the tiered research plan where u can unlock stronger armors of the same type if u proceed deeper into a tree....

did this get scrapped?

4. Drag

Drag Member

Yes.
    <filler>

5. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

too bad...it makes a lot of sense....oh well

6. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

This is Empires after all

7. DrummerX