2.24 Is Kinda Badly Needed Guys

Discussion in 'General' started by Sneaky, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

Nacho's might be playable, but us euro's are getting screwed over with server crashes left and right. I'm tired of the same maps over and over and servers emptying after a crash and I'm tired of vehicle spam. I hate to sound greedy when it's all free, but could you possibly release a server side patch that clears the crash problems and reduces the armor values a bit? Maybe somewhere this weekend? We can live with the current research tree and other issues until a 2.25 patch.

2. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

I couldn't agree more. Too bad the devs don't seem to know what is causing the IVP (Engine Error: IVP Failed at U:\h2l_rel\src\ivp\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157) crashes..

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

/signed

4. Felcis

Felcis Member

True. It gets on my nerves, that I have to resort on US-servers with a bad ping, because the EU-servers are empty or gone.

5. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Is there any sort of time frame we can put our minds to? even knowing that the release should be within 1-2 weeks or something would mean we could do sommat else till then.

6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

It's more a problem that Napalm's server isn't getting back on it's feed after those "internal problems". Nachos vanilla server doesn't crash that often and has no vehicle spam. If you don't like vehicle spam don't play on high ressources server like Warfactory.

I wouldn't expect 2.24 anytime soon, considering Kylegar is busy with exams at the moment.

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

There's nothing we can do about the IVP error.

It's not generating crash dumps, and Valve has yet to respond to the dev team's queries.

8. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

Well, radical idea, 2.22 didn't have the crashing, how about taking that version, not changing armor, but implementing everything else that you're sure doesn't cause the crash and calling it 2.24.

Also, revert to emp_streetsoffire 2.12 version.

9. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Streets of Fire 2.12 won't work properly because it would still need to be updated and compiled for Orange Box, so its problems (whatever they may be) would still need to be taken care of, a simple revert for SoF wouldn't do the trick. I'd love to see SoF again just as you would, though.

10. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

If the old streets of fire doesn't work for orange box then what have I been playing on napalms?

11. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

I'd like to know, too. It is exactly same as the 2.12 version and it works perfectly in 2.23.

12. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

the version that's been recompiled?

hurr durr

13. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

It's not crashing me or anyone else and its called emp_streetsoffire_old, it does a have a minor graphical glitch in one of the buildings near the bridge which might be because of orange box incompatibility, but that's preferable over mass client crashing methinks.

14. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

It hasn't been recompiled, if you don't beleive its the old 2.12 SOF for whatever reason download a programm which can view HASHs (such as CRC) and compare the hashes of sof_old and the sof in 2.12 >_>

15. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Valve might have made an internal change to its engine that broke that part of the mod. The devs can't do anything about that.

16. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Ooh.
    Nachos: FULL OF NOOBS, 24/7!!!
    European servers: Very laggy from San Diego, California, in the United States.
    Other servers: MASSIVE...AMOUNTS...OF...LAG...(5 seconds between chaingun shots, it feels like).

17. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

I am wondering though, did the testserver crash at all during mapchanges? Were there enough mapchanges to see a crash? It averages between 2-4 mapchanges per crash.

In any case it is easy to try re-installing 2.22 on a server that suffers crashes and running that to see if it crashes and if it does then the problem is indeed out of the team's hands, but if it doesn't that means there is something in 2.23 that specifically causes a crash precisely when the cv dies or when the next map is loaded.

18. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Nachos is likely running streets of fire from 2.2. 2.12 is the old engine, the maps wont work from there without crashing horribly. Try to run true 2.12 SoF in 2.24 and it makes Grizzly look godly at optimization in comparison to 2.2's SoF ^^