[2.24] Forum pre-release

Discussion in 'News' started by Coffeeburrito, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Yay! I can't wait to play this. Great job to everyone involved.

Finally we can have people actually playing Empires instead of just complaining about it. :)

This Saturday's PUG will be on 2.24, so get patched if you want play!

2. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

Hmmm, maybe I misunderstood what happened with the scout. I had thought that the half-building health was reduced to 3/4, in actual play it seems I am mistaken. I don't like that the engineer got to carry more ammo, but the scout didn't.

At this point I feel they are even more ambiguous, but that will likely change in the next patch.

Everything else I like though (except nerfing BE pistol2). It is definitely an overall improvement.

3. mrmeow

mrmeow Member

what else can i say, best mod dev team ive ever ever seen. all the changes i even think in my head only rarely while playing youve added. :D

and now gametime

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

The devs did a great job:) Thank you all for your time and effort. I also find my game seems to run much smoother than before.

5. Soulton

Soulton Member

Yay! Time to play empires as much as my body allows it! :D

6. pixelized

pixelized Member

Just don't screw it up this time. Make sure you make a 2.24 full installer and .23 to .24 patch on the download page. Field testing has clearly revealed that new testers are unable to comprehend downloading a 2.2.3 full install and patching.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  7. Andariel

Andariel Member

found a bug:
    when pressing space to jump through the spec cams it crashes (doesnt tried with ebing actually spec but at least before joining any team it happens)

*Edit*
    Thanks for the "fixed" vehicle behaviour but i'd personally would increase all armors performance by 10-15% (prolonged tank battles are more fun)

8. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

gratzz

9. Spooky

Spooky Member

I normally find the fun in actually killing the enemy, instead of sitting there with my wiener out as both tank drivers call for backup.

10. Theslan

Theslan Member

From the changelog, I read it as that the sabotage attrition rate stops after the engineer repairs it for 25 units.

Note that in game, this usually means that scouts can sab buildings to ~30% hp, and it usually takes about 80% hp to stop the scout bleeding/affects on a building. Now it seems it's around 50%.

I like this (always hate how you had to repair to almost full to stop the effect). However, this may reduce the effective of scout sab effect on VF/rax.

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

sab drops a building that has full health down to half. This is extremely powerful against vf's, which have 2x the HP of other buildings.

12. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.