[2.24] Forum pre-release

Discussion in 'News' started by Coffeeburrito, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drag

Drag Member

There are no sticky specific resists in. While rifleman have resists against vehicle mg fire they have less resists against cannon fire. Grenadiers have resist against cannon fire but not against vehicle mg fire. The rifleman keeps the tank busy by scaring them with rushing them. The gren has more time to shoot from cover.

Even if stickies magically became uber powerful they still have piss poor range. So what, lone tanks in enemy bases get killed fast? No big deal, the lone tank will have to have another tank or infantry as backup.

Digin should work while prone, in testing it seemed to work and no one reported otherwise.

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Remember that this is a prerelease and major balance/gameplay/crash bugs can be fixed before the official release.

I also want to thank especially Coffeeburrito for his awesome and incredible work on this patch. As a tester I saw like 3-4 new builds of Empires everyday in the svn log. He is doing a very big amount of work on fixing all the small problems that annoy me the most. I don't think that such a big patch that is hardly a minor one but a major one would have been possible without him.

3. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Drag. I was thinking more of close quarter maps like urban chaos or routes made out of walls through which you have to go in order to get in enemy's base and that kind of places where you are forced to stay close to corners or other covers behind which roflmen could bunnyhump next to the tank and blow it up with stickies.

Anyway, let's see. ^^

4. Drag

Drag Member

Yea well not balancing for city maps, close quarter and lack of teamwork.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

first the falling ,now the wall running :|

wow i hope my uberrun will stay D:

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Fuckin' A!

Yes, the devs are always working...anyone with SVN will know that.

It's great to see forum releases again, absolutely brilliant idea. If anyone finds any bugs, don't forget to report them here http://www.empiresmod.com/bug_tracker/login_page.php?return=/bug_tracker/main_page.php You need to make an account, but it's worth it!

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Not only that, but it will encourage teamwork between tanks and infantry, as a lone tanks may quickly get stickied, but if he has some infantry with him they can become a force to be reckoned with.

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Very good idea having a pre-release. Hopefully this will help prevent any disasterous imbalances that we end up stuck with for ages.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

This is the release scheme that i've always dreamed of, no more having to wait months for a fix. Seriously, Coffeeburrito and Drag especially, fucking amazing, you've really outdone yourselves. Congrats to a fantastic release.

10. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

You know, even though the mark 2s weren't horribly gutted (no offense to anyone), the patch is actually pretty solid. Good work guys

11. Drag

Drag Member

I never liked the mkII idea at all since the first time they were tested, yet I want to see how they'd work out. I suppose we should draw some conclusions for the next patch on how to handle them.

12. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

First impression: Stable and bugfree release. We will see if its fun... :P

13. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

I'd remove that chat box constantly staying there. Not that it's much of a problem, but it's completely unnecessary.

Other than that, it seems very good.

14. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

Try playing on duststorm :D

15. Deiform

Deiform Member

Have server owners been told what to do with servers? Are they changing over now, or waiting till tomorrow? Or having a 2.23 server on 1 core and a 2.24 server on the other core?

16. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I think the rifleman is intended to be generally bullet resistant. It doesn't make any sense for him to have resistance to infantry damage, but none to vehicle MG's (remember, built in damage reduction due to body armour).

To add to this, dizzyone made a hilarious mess. Apparently the model when first given to Drag had 6 axels, 2 of them at a diagonal xD

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  17. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I didn't actually do much to make a mess, but whatever ;)

18. Jonat

Jonat Member

Looks like alot of positive changes, so we'll see how gameplay now pans out.

19. Tuxu

Tuxu Member

are we talking about the same model?
    I was refering to Vess+pwnedyoass concept+model, respectively.

20. siro

siro Member

Let's see how much player the 63 can handle. :D
    Look at the vehiclemg's: [damage per sec]
    Bio : 25
    Plasma: 4 Heat:20
    HEMG: 40
    Using HEMG it takes 2 seconds to destroy any plate of armor. thats bad, isn't it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.