[2.24] [Feedback] General Vehicle armor

Discussion in 'Archive' started by dizzyone, Mar 21, 2009.

1. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Everything about vehicle armor goes here.

Vehicle armor will be nerfed for 2.24

2. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

Don't nerf it to much, just lower the resistance to RPG's and Mines a bit, lol

Other than that seems to be working a lot better now than previous updates

3. dizzyone

the original plan was to buff it by 15%, I felt that wouldn't make much of a difference and buffed it between 25%(comp) and 50%(abs). Right now, I'm thinking of going back to something near 15%.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I can't say I have any problem with the new values other than how crap the RPG is now.

5. Omneh

Omneh Member

The sticky bomb isn't particularly awesome now, either. :(

A straight buff of the damage of the RPG would fix grens being pretty much useless even early game, and increasing the power and speed of the RPG through upgraded and advanced RPG could provide interesting options for commanders wishing to risk a more infantry focused strategy.

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I still think a tank should die from 2-3 shells hitting one side

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Thus making salvo homing an instagib rifle with auto aim, very well thought out I suggest implementing it immediately.

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Than reduce the damage of salvo homing so you need two of them on one side. :pathetic:

EDIT: atm tank compat is all about "who is more aggresive" ram the enemy tank and mess his aim,
    you know when you hit the enemy tanks so you can predict where to aim. Its fun for some days but
    it gets boring really quick. It doesnt matter which tank you drive and the enemy it works with every tank.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

That would simply mean 'only NF gets the instagib rifle'.

There's no point spending a thousand res on a heavy if it can be killed instantly by one dual salvo barrage, or two seconds of railgun fire.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Common buy a tank and rush into a group of enemy tanks and drive around
    like a maniac. I bet you take at least 2 of them bevor they can kill you.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Unfortunately I lag so much on the shitty nachos servers that I can't hit anything anyway, but if that is a problem why fix it by breaking something else? Why not think of an actual fix like making ramming stall the person who does it? Or speed up all shells and reduce all rates of fire, so that they are easier to aim and a group of tanks will have a huge advantage over a lone tank because they can shoot an awful lot faster.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i am a bad tank driver, but when i do this i mostly succeed...

so yea...

13. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Honestly, the only armor I have ANY problem with is reactive. The weight doesn't compensate for its effectiveness.

<filler>

14. dizzyone

And people wonder why I buffed it? Before LT reactive was actually viable (read buffed) this was the main story, now that it's actually balanced, yes, balanced, nobody is even bringing up this original issue, like it never existed. And people wonder why half the stuff said can't be taken seriously?

15. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I don't understand...

What do you mean?

16. dizzyone

Its directed towards people pretending reactive armor never had any downsides, and still does not have any downsides. You are the first to bring up the original complaint, which still exists and actually balances out reactive.

Yes yes, LT and reactive and all that. LT being OP is a completely different issue, but people actually blame reactive, saying it should be rebalanced, while it has nothing to do with reactive, it's the LT that's the problem.
    Imagine how phased balance would be if we started balancing stuff based on a completely different issue.
    I'm not saying reactive doesn't need tweaking, it's getting nerfed in damage mod.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  17. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Well, I'm just bringing it up because the afv/lt issue is primarily focused on the fact that (reactive/3phase) lt's are the only way to go. If there was a weapon good against specifically reactive, then there's your answer.

Reactive has a major downside. It's heavy as fuc*. You can fit I think 3plates (2 on back) on a med with a cn and an ml. Woop-dee-doo. But you can fit 2plates on all sides of a small, fast vehicle with a cn and an ml.

So you're right. My complaint is on the basis of the vehicle in which we all see it most commonly used.

18. communism

communism poof

Reactive has a gigantic downside. Its basically worthless for mediums and more so for heavies, especially since armor has been buffed

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

DU goes through reactive quite well because the modifiers don't work, also it's good for hitting lights.