[2.22] Vehicle steering

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Drag, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Drag

Drag Member

The official server (92.48.201.67) runs a few changed vehicle and engine scripts. You should be able to test them without having the scripts. If not they have been temporarily uploaded here: http://rapidshare.com/files/181110348/Jan8TestedScripts.rar.html

But since rapidshare only allows 10 downloads...

Feel free to test those before saturday and report back here.
    Everything but commanders (can't change) and jeeps (don't care) has been changed. LT/AFV and Med tank engines are up to 10 speed points (+25%) faster. Some of the scripts use completely new parameters I have no experience with, so it seems prudent to do some more tests.

After the Saturday playtest you can report your finding in here too.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. Kamber

Kamber Member

theres no server at 92.48.201.66 so i assume you meant 92.48.201.67?

3. Drag

Drag Member

Hm I forgot the server has different IP's for different things, maybe .67 if there is a server running on that IP.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

If you want a mirror with more downloads, tell me and I'll upload it to my premium account.

5. Drag

Drag Member

Thank you, but no need, they are commited (in an updated state) to official repository now.

6. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

I could also mirror future script-packs on my own HTTP-server. As long as they aren't bigger than 10 MB.

7. Drag

Drag Member

Thanks, I'll bug you should the need arise. Complete pack of all empires scripts is something like below 200 k , just .txt files.

8. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I liked the vehicals being that slow. I undderstand bosting the LT but the rest need to slow.

9. Drag

Drag Member

Well arty and heavy forward speed is nearly unchanged. Might lower BE heavy steering again and/or look at the backwards speeds.

For the medium tanks... uh, I reckon they should have some potential for maneuvering, I mean they neither have the enourmous armor the heavies got, nor is their weapon capability that great. That and in my tests I beat the living shit out of another guy in a LT (he had a medium) mainly due to being able to maneuver faster and stay in the "dead zone" where he can't shoot me...

LT = needs no research. If it gets better, other stuff should get a bit better too.

I understand your point vess, but at the current vehicle prices its better to give people something for the res.