[2.22] Glycenplains Minimap

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Jcw87, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Glycenplains needed a minimap, so here it is:

http://76.166.247.209:81/emp_glycenplains_minimap.rar

This bug, combined with the fact that the top left corner of the map is outside of the map, made the only indication of refineries (the smoke) not appear, so the ref spots are not as accurate as I would like them to be. However, it is accurate enough.

Just remember to change the team objectives before commiting this to the SVN.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

I just ran cl_leveloverview 32 in duststorm with DX level 7.0 and there were no bugs like you mentioned on mantis. It also draws the water. Obviously the qualty is lower in Dx7 but it might be ok for minimap, if you are using a high resolution anyway.

It might also work in dx 8 but I havent tried. Try adding -dxlevel 70 to command line and see if you get decent results?

3. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

pics or it didn't happen

I just ran with dxlevel 70, and nothing has changed. Still have the leaf bug, which is most apparent if you use "mat_leafvis 1." Still have the bug where water doesn't render unless VIS says you can see it, even if "r_novis 1" is used (most likely valve has to fix this.) Don't forget the bug where overriding the fog controller max render distance with r_farz has no effect on models, which makes refineries disappear on duststorm.

EDIT: Apparently I didn't just run in DX7, but it doesn't matter. Due to the crappyness of the water, the engine doesnt even bother treating it differently from any other surface, so it avoids using the code with the bug. The other bugs are still there, and the rest of duststorm looks completely different from DX8 and DX9, so its not suitable for a minimap.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  4. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Well at least it is an easy way to get a shot of the water in overview mode, so you can cut it out of the image and paste it into the higher quality minimap to get the exact water locaton without having to freehand paint it in.

5. Caelo

Caelo Member

You can also make several pictures in "normal" mode and paste them together..
    Depending on how much misalignment you don't care about it will only take you 10-500 screenshots :P

6. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

It's far easier to re-compile the map with a different texture in place of the water that isn't real water, and looks like the water from previous engines.