2.13.4 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Thexa4, Apr 26, 2017.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm game for Empires shake weights. I don't think any modeller is, though.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

like this?

3. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Also the new tank cross hair looks abit odd muddled in with the existing red one perhaps it should just be the new tank cross hair and not the old red one. And the turret rotation speed looks abit odd to me but perhaps that's just me.

4. Spike

Also are numbers ever going to be added along side the mortar at some point like this ? And also can we have a research queue for commanders ?[​IMG]

MartinPL likes this.
  5. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I totally disagree with this. Already commander has been dumbed down with the removal of cost to research, we don't need it any dumber.

6. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Something I made in like, 10 minutes.

Basically, that center "ring" is the resonating portion of the grenade, and those ribs are supposed to be some kind of tesla coil whose's current gets reversed every time the ring hits the top of bottom.
    [​IMG]

Avatarix and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  7. D.D.D. Destroyer

NF design? It looks promising to me ^^

8. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Nah, BE. Note the strange ring pin. Looks like a BE nade right? Probably needs a rig or some shit.. hold up.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

your reasoning for changing the name was that players would think that an item with the word grenade would do damage to infantry. concussion grenades dont really do any damage to infantry (neither do smokes, and stickies are mainly for vehicles). seismics shake the ground and do 1 damage. its becomes obvious what they are used for once they're thrown a couple times.
    you can have a grenade for buildings. its not confusing. a grenade's sole purpose isnt to hurt people.

you guys are fighting for this name change so hard its unbelievable. seismic resonators are not even a thing that exist

im glad pwned is taking up the argument mantle in a much gentler way. these changes for "clarity's sake"/new players (when it only makes it more confusing) have been driving me up the wall for years.
    i like how you're pretending those names would have stayed the same and not have been changed multiple times by now since people really love renaming things

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

pya can you model us a brenodi crate that you can crouch jump over and isn't 0.2 units larger than it needs to be so its not either always floating off the ground or inside the ground because i think its a more pressing matter than seismic grenades (also better afv plzzzzz)

11. Spike

Its easier for newer commanders because lets face it newer commanders always forget to research. Then if a commander crashes the research will be carried on because i seem to crash a lot while commanding. You lose precious seconds on research time a research queue would solve that problem.

12. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Here. Better.

[​IMG]

.... I remember distinctly being 16 years old and wasting a ton of time working on an AFV... so I'm kind of hesitant to enter that ring again. As for the crate.... is it really that much larger?

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

There is more important shit in this game than changing names for existing things we have.

How about we have stable game-play and depth before we start worrying about superficial changes such as names and lore.

If there is a que for research, that makes it easier for commanders to focus on the team who keeps fucking begging for attack commands, and micro managing buildings.
    I lost count how many times I had to exit the com vehicle to build the VF because my team are bunch of lazy shits, and then my research finishes. So now I gotta get back in the short bus and que the next part of the research, because if I don't. I am going to have an autistic 45 year old man telling me im a shitty commander for not instantly starting the next que.

But by doing that, I am taking longer than I need to be on finishing buildings for a team that should of had a VF several minutes ago. It's a quality of life change, and it doesn't dumb down the game. It just makes it easier for commanders to get their shit to the teams faster.

MartinPL likes this.
  14. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Okay, so how long are you wanting to queue ahead? If is two researches? IF that's the case, then after 2 researches people forget to queue up more.

I think it would make the game way to easy for commanders. They already have so little to do since people never listen.

15. BigTeef

I say 5, that is enough to get an armor and an engine.

16. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

My only problem with this is that people rarely listen to the commander leaving him with little to do but watch comm TV unless you make point of screaming and calling people out, which I know you are good at.

I don't know. I'd have to see it in practice but for some reason queued research just doesn't sound like a good idea. I'd be willing to try it though just to see.

Edit: Also, nice gif profile pic and nice gif in your signature.

17. BigTeef

Imagine each plate representing an aspect of something the commander needs to pay attention too.
    And he has to keep spinning each plate or a part of the team will start breaking down.

[​IMG]

The less plate juggling the commander needs to do the better. Especially if just one of the plates is automated.
    He has a whole team to baby sit and feed. By not worry about research so much, I can give more attack commands to players and instantly place refineries because nothing is distracting me.
    I can get buildings up faster, and turrets up faster. And if I crash, the research will continue until I get back in the seat.

Also I feel 5 is good number because starcraft has conditioned me so.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

Both concussions and smokes (albeit terribly. Empires-specific problem) harm infantry indirectly by obscuring vision. Sticky bombs are, well, bombs, which is a broader term than grenade.

The fighting started with people calling the change pointless. I am merely defending the point after the initial statement.

edit: Regarding the commander thing, I support the queue idea. There's a lot to do as it stands, navigating menus isn't too hot of a job anyways. Micromanaging units, on the other hand...

Mandatory note that most commanders are really sloppy RTS players with very low APM.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  19. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

The only reason I am defensive of this is because there was also talk a while back of an AI commander that autoplaced buildings around players that requested stuff. I felt like that would take a big chunk away from his duties, and that this is one of the few things left to balance it.

Commander should be a hard job. Commander is designed for RTS players, not the FPS players who just hop in.

20. BigTeef

Tell them to go fuck themselves, I am not letting no goddamn machine to tell me what to do.
    Humans need to in the command seat, I support AI controlled units especially if I can control them and they build my shit.
    But I will be fucking damned if HAL9000 thinks he knows how to manage people better than me.

I will throw that goddamn toaster into the ocean. #FuckSkyNet

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017