2.11.0 Playtest, December 11th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Lazybum, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Change log for 2.11.0
    This here is a playtest of 2.11.0. Hear and see all sorts of new things.

We are not testing any specific thing here, just a general game play test to see if there's nothing wrong with scripts and any code changes/bug fixes work correctly. The more we get to test the better the release will be.

Where and when, Click me for your local time.
    On December 11th 1900 GMT / 2000 CET / 1400 EST / 1100 PST. Click me for your local time.

The server is just called Empires Beta Server, it's up right now if you want to check things out.

How this works
    You have to opt into the empires beta to join in. In your Steam library, right-click Empires and click Properties. Click the Betas tab and choose Beta - Empires Beta Test.

Close the properties window. Steam will now update Empires to the beta version. Click Play to launch Empires beta. Click here for more info.

Just remember to opt out of beta when play test is over, otherwise you'll have conflicts joining the public server. Or more importantly, you couldn't even see the Nubs on the server list.

Maps
    Maps will be just a few stock ones. I'm looking at Canyon and Duststorm as probable maps we will play, a smaller chokepoint and a open map. This is just a test really so we won't be playing for that long, really just around an hour or 2.

Last thoughts is try talking to anyone on your friends list to get more players to come, the more people to test the better we can make empires. This is not a huge time sink and all we ask you to do is just show and play empires, and possibly give feedback on how you like or dislike any changes.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

If I recall, they said this test was going to take longer than a couple days so I'd say push it to the next weekend to organize a bigger test. Perhaps the 18th?

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

We can host another one on 18th, it's not a good idea to delay this.

Also yeah, I'd like to see normal gameplay, but I'd still like to see a few things getting tested.

1: Check if Enhanced/APCR RPG research actually works, each of them adds RPG damage by 30.
    2: 3-slot weapons and their respective research.

Their functionality should be pretty obvious so we don't really have to test them specifically, just remember to research them.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't know what you mean by this. The beta is up and working and I was asked to not do it too late because thexa wanted some time to fix anything that comes up from testing. I thought about the 18th but I can't quite guarantee I can be there, I might have a lot of thing to do that day. Trying to organize anything without actually being there is problematic, so the 11ths is about the only day I could organize a test.

If you or anyone wants to do a second test later that sounds good to me, but I see no reason to delay this test.

Yeah, I intend to give a brief overview at the test start so I can add on that commanders should research those things. Thanks for telling me you want that.

5. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Yea true, we can hold multiple I guess as the stuff gets balanced to see if it is actually balanced or not.

6. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

I didn't even notice this thread, beta branch and server are updated so you shouldn't have issues there.
    I'll try to make myself available so I can help out. We can put out announcements closer to the time.

Xyaminou likes this.