2.0 Release Whoring

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Simon, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Simon

Simon Banned

Me + Opie were talking about this ingame. I think we should all refrain from busting out "cheap"* tactics for the first week or so when 1.08 first comes out. IE 3gl APC rushing early and raping bases, rocket sniping the whole map with an apc, rushing command vehicle, ninjaing CVs ext ext. Testers should step up and be comm or SL and use wps and teach your team as you play not ruin the game for all the newbs. I know your all super 1337 and you can beat a 10 newbs by yourself but lets hold off ending games prematurely so newbs can get to play around with all the stuff. Not to say you shouldn't try for your team in big games or anything, but don't just like rush an APC kill thier entire base say "OMG GG I WIN LOLZ" rinse repeat and empty the server.

*what newbs would find to be cheap.

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I agree with this. Due to the complexity of how everything reacts to one another (e.g. one weapon can do damage 8 different ways depending on target) it could easily drive off new players.

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

you know of all the people to say this... you're a good guy simon. i agree. good post here.

everyone is gunna have to remember that for about a month about 60% of your team is gunna want to go scout, do random stuff, and overall just be a waste of space. and that we shouldn't get angry. these people will get good. just give it some time.

a noob server and a pro server would be good when we release.

4. munky91

munky91 Member

I agree. Lets not scare off the noobs like the lag did.

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

And try not to suicide the CV just because you don't like the map.

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

If it's anything like when empires was first released, the new players will do that already ;)

Also nicely said, and for a game like empires i agree.

wps ?

7. Melee

Melee Member

So we gonna tie opie's ass to a tank and buttrape him everytime he CV rushes.

But seriously me thinks the newbs should be invited to watch as spec a couple of PUG's by the pro's once or twice a week to see the games potential.

Oh and have an Ingame TAG EMP-Helper ask questions to me , rather than jus spam "where to get ammo'z. Im more than up for showin newb's the basics.

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

What if in the first week, no one wore clan tags?

We already know who's one what team any way.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

agreed, this is important because noobs very often stack :(... leading to worse and worse games.

which clans would be willing to do this?

also: another "cheap" tactic: using the CV offensively. sorry opie :(

10. Drag

Drag Member

Well here is my personal policy for 1 week after release:

a)put a hat on my head with a sign attached to it: "Armageddon is here"

b)wear a big shield saying "Don't ask me for ammoz"

c)Command for noob teams ending up building everything myself

d)Answer some of the worthwhile new player questions.

e)Won't resort/or make my team resort to currently "unbalanced" tactics.

I personally would be willing to ditch the clan tag for a week although I'd have to wait for the bosses' approval on this one ;). Don't think every clan will follow on this one.

11. Opie

Opie Member

I, Opie, hereby promise not to use the boomtank to run over players, grab forward bases, flip lts, destroy enemy base... etc.

(On a side note, you guys missed a classic when I killed like 8 soldiers, flipped 3 lts and ended up destroying their base.)

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I think the clan tags should stay... Nubs tend to listen to clanners more then some regular member shouting something out...

We also want to instill the sense that the community is already solid without any help from the outside, this is a time when clanners should be at their best answering questions...

Because hopefully a reply from a clanner is more credible then the emp_recruit(8) on the server...

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I agree totally.

Sometimes newbs are scared to ask questions, in which case it doesn't hurt for more experienced players to pro-actively give them advice. If you see someone looking dazed, try to help them out. Even a simple "follow me and shoot stuff" can make them feel much more welcome and greatly increases the chances of converting them into a regular.

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

My number one rule: Don't let Money into the map rotation. :)

Of course that's always my rule :P

15. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

9 mining your comm into the water with your entire team helping you out (Each one placing a mine for the motherland) and then detonating all at once... truly... brings a tear to my eye... (on money that is)

16. Arctic

Arctic Member

I agree with this, but remember that there will me more than one server out, in fact, there will probably be several. This means that the server owners will be able to determine what is considered "fair play", what is considered "frowned upon", and what is considered "a bannable offense".

I know that if I ran my own Empires 2 server, I'd disallow many of these said to be "cheap" tactics.

17. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Let's make sure money stays off EFB.

On that note, I'll try to get rid of all non-CV maps on that server so you might have to fight me to keep them in, ARK.

18. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Empires Federation Battlegrounds will have an admin 24/7 as the following members have admin rights on the server that can dish out punishment to lammers:

CW - Officers and higher ups have admin rights
    JPL - All JPL members have admin on the battlegrounds (Could be wrong since I havent been there for quite a long time; testing 1.08)
    O|nE - wont stand for BS if anything is reported and their higher ups have admin (Though they are not on alot)

So I can assure you right of the bat the EFB will be one of the cleanest servers around, and if someone starts abusing admin; they are sent flying out the window faster then roadkill no matter who it is...

19. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Not wearing clan tags is an interesting idea, perhaps someone should start pressing for that, in clans?

Hopefully, none of this will matter--- I'm assuming an even mix of veterans on both teams for most matches, so as long as things aren't skillstacked via clan members and whatnot, it shouldn't be an issue. Ideally, that is.

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I think that's the crux of it. we're all gunna have to join the loosing team for a week or so, and at the start of the battles we're gunna have to pick the weaker team, even if that means that I don't get to play with opie and simon for a bit :(