1.071 Hitboxbug (Headshotbug)

Discussion in 'Support' started by HaschteWas, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

Well it happens a lot of times. Im hitting nearby enemy (indicated by the blood spraying around!) with scoutrifle directly in the head a lot of times, but no result takes place.
    I made a demo, showing this bug in action, and uploaded it on www.stormed.de, because the zipfile was too "big" (145kb!) for a local upload...

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

This has happened to me many times, especialy behind turrets (and blood sprays out)

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Give the demo to Kazuhiro, he'll put it online for you.

EDIT: Ah nvm, thought you still needed space :p

Yes, that is one of the (even MOAR D: ) annoying bugs with the scout rifle.

4. Dafleck

Dafleck Member

Why not try using a _real_ gun.
    :p

5. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I got similiar today on BSID server. Lots of blood flying out and no damage through. At one point I shot one and a half clips into a scout, saw the bloodsprays and when I asked about it only one bullet had really hit. When I kept mentioning about this beahauviour that seemed to happen at random others told me to shut up. :p They though that I was whining out of nowhere... I think JJ45 made a topic about this somewhere too. If eth0 reads this restart the server it started to rubberbanding some time after I noticed this with only 10 people playing...

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I'm moving to the HL2 DM animation system to eliminate this problem. The animation blending of Counterstrike takes up more cpu time anyway.

7. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

So, our people will take hitbox damage like in HL DM instead of Counterstrike? Or at least the system of taking damage?

And I wonder what else will change with the move to HL DM...

8. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

So the system CS uses doesn't move the hitboxes along with the vertex deformation... Then why in the hell I see the blood? :confused: Oh well, if that fixes it I'll be happy. A lot less reloading and a lot more bodies on the streets. :p

9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It's an old sdk so there's probably a bug on the server side that doesn't exist on the client. It works in the latest SDK's HL2 DM code so I'm moving to that.

10. Dafleck

Dafleck Member

I was in that game with you wereaser... it was really crap. No-one could hit.

11. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Glad to see this get fixed, it was one of the main complaints I had with the mod.

12. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It's a side effect of me trying to make the mod faster. I was actually looking to squeeze more performance out of the mod, and I noticed that it would also fix the hitbox problem.

13. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Two birds with one stone. I've also experienced this bug dozens of times. But it has never happened to everyone on the server. Usually just one. (Sadly it was never me :P )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.