1.064 Changing key settings

Discussion in 'Support' started by Doggeti, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

Today I have tried to change my key settings. I wanted to switch the buttons for crouching and sprinting (Ctrl and Shift). After I respawned the old settings were back so I changed it again. Then I was unable to duck at all.

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Yes, I've been having the same problems as well. Originally, I had installed V1, then I installed V4 or 5, then updated from there. But somehow my installation got corrupted after a crash, and I couldn't load up the game without crashing.

After reinstalling though V 1>6>.1>.2>.3>.4 I now can't change my key settings in-game. It just does nothing. What it says in the console is "Couldn't access user.cfg" or something, then it says right afterwards "Wrote user.cfg". I've tried adding in my controls to the autoexec.cfg and the defaultsomething.cfg, but it doesn't help.

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

You can manually set your controls in cfg/infantry.cfg or cfg/vehicle.cfg or cfg/commander.cfg

4. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

My config.cfg contains this

and my scout.cfg looks like this

As you see, I just want to change the keys when I play as scout. I tried it out: Scout has the standard settings like in config.cfg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.