1.06 Engenier "254/10 walls" Bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by cloudhopper, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudhopper

cloudhopper Member

In 2 out of 3 matches that I had placed some walls as an enginier last night. The engenier build menu showed 254/10 walls in the wall slot and I could no longer place walls. sorry no screen capture first time it happend I didnt think much of it and the second time it happened I was to tired to realize that I was supposed too.

I didnt actually reach my wall limit. And maybe I died before the bug appeared. Any way if any one else see's this bug please get a screen shot and also record the conditions under which it occured, plus the duration for which it stayed that way(I think it only went away after the round ended) .
    Then come and post all relevent data here.
    ----------------------
    I have NO signature, and so what

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

This has been around since before 1.06 but don't think it's been mentioned before =o

Not sure how to replicate it.

3. cloudhopper

cloudhopper Member

I never saw this bug before this version. MAybe 1.06 is more prone to it happenning. I only built walls in 3 of the matches i played that night. in 2 of those it happened. Maybe its just a coincidence you know 2 out a 3 proves nothing. Maybe if I build walls in like 6 or 12 matches and it happens in half or more it it should maybe looked into. If it rarely happens I supposed theres other things more important to put effort into at the moment.

4. Dirca

Dirca Member

I've been getting this bug ever since I started in 1.05, happens every now and then.

5. thaile

thaile Member

It's only happens when you build walls. I think it's like the deconstructing wall bug where the health bar loops around, you count basically is -1 so becomes 254/10. I have a couple of theories on why it happens.

1. You place some wall and they all get blown up.
    2. You place some wall and they get deconstructed.
    3. When you place wall sometimes you get one of those small sections. Those don't count towards your total, but maybe if they get destoryed they count against?

Most likely it's the last 2, but I think the easiest way to figure this out is 2 engineer get on a server and try different things out.

6. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

This one has veen around since 1.0 :) Now that I think of it it might have something to do with enemy engi decontructing all your walls, since I don't recall this happening to me in any other occasion...

7. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

hmmm i get this all the time.......... i do biuld walls in the front line often.

I just firgured we were at some type of biuld limit.

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The bug is due to the fact that you can actually build 1 more wall than your build limit. If you lose all your walls, you've actually lost more walls than the game thinks you built.

9. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

So, if we DIDN'T let you build 1 more then the limit, then nothing would be wrong, and those of us who like to build walls won't get that taken away mid-game?

10. thaile

thaile Member

Huh? I think I remember this happening when I didn't build more then my limit before. I would place a couple of walls and later on when I tried to build more it happens.

11. cloudhopper

cloudhopper Member

today I built only one wall. Had a good look at it to make sure. Well later on I died and did not return to that side of the map. Approximately 10 minutes later when I tried to build a wall in a time of need. The menu read "255/14 wall's". I'm assuming my first wall got destroyed or deconstructed. Because I never went to that part of the map again. I was playing on the stormed server. I suppose their wall limit is 14? Otherwise where would the 14 come from? Well my main point here is that i only built one wall.

12. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Your wall limit grows with the amount of rank points you accumulate.

13. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

At 100 points you should get 3 or 4 turrets.

14. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

You do get the ability to build another turret.

15. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

2 Turrets is the maximum, isn't it?

16. thaile

thaile Member

Yup 2 turrets is the maximum. I been up into the 300 before on district and still could only build 2.

17. cloudhopper

cloudhopper Member

Just wanted to say that I've been getting this bug every game I play. No matter If I build one wall or ten, no matter if they are those tiny fence post walls or ten full walls plus fence post walls. And well it sucks cause then you cant use walls for the rest of the round once it happens.

So thats what I wanted to say. also is there a way to reset the bug during the game so that you can build walls again?

And does any one else here think the new "doctor who" is an most amazing show? I just watched all of season 1 for the first time, non stop!
    Also, does sitting down for that long make your ass flat?

18. Chahk

Chahk Member

AFAIK, there is no way to "reset" the wall count. If there was, it would be abused to no end.

P.S. And the 2nd season of Dr. Who was somewhat disappointing compared to the 1st one. It could be bad writing, or it could be that I got used to the 9th Doctor and the 10th just isn't doing it for me.

19. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Have you tried switching to spectator and back?

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Can't you just stop in allowing you to build a wall more than you should be able to.

infact, a simpler solution:
    your computer constantly checks how many walls you have. so you can never get -1. however this would increase your lag. because of the constant checking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.