1.05 - permanent deafness effect

Discussion in 'Support' started by brains, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brains

brains Member

playing on district last night in the official server, i was hit almost point blank by a constant series of concussion nades, at least 3, maybe 6, in as short a time as the fuses went off, and after the blindness effect went away, i was permanently deaf i.e. the deafness buzzing never went away. i was a riflemen at the time. i died, got revived, changed classes, all to no effect. the sound just didn't go away until the map change.

i'm going to try and test this again tonight.

2. Jn.

Jn. Member

Yay for realism!!!!

3. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

did they go away when you died? sounds like user error

4. brains

brains Member

what? user error? i don't follow.

no, the sound did not go away, either after a certain period, like it is supposed to, or after i died. in fact it didn't stop until the map changed.

5. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Modern Flashbangs are made to stun, not perminately damage someones hearing. Same thing happened to me just now, District it was. It was interesting and took the constant sound stress off my ears, but it started getting annoying when I only heard the bullets hitting me or the wall next to me and not the gun firing them or my own rifle.
    I ended up quitting after the map was over.

6. Jn.

Jn. Member

Oh crap he said concussion grenades :) My bad. Real grenades will damage your hearing if it lands close enough, if you live past the shrapnel tearing your face apart.

7. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

I bet this is linked to the die in water, water sound repeating bug. Did you die during the flashbang noise?

8. brains

brains Member

no, i didn't die during the effect, but i noticed right away it was bugged (my vison came back after a while but the sound remained)

it is possible that it's related to the watery death bug, though

9. brains

brains Member

something i forgot to mention was that this happened in an alley. i don't know if the concussion effect is cummulative or if it is affected more by close proximity to walls, but if so that could be a cause.

10. Darg

Darg Member

Jn. the fact is that he died repeatedly and the effect didn't go away. If it had then I might have put it down to a pretty unique hearing loss feature and then sued the defense department for damages in the range of half a million pounds.

11. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Were you BE in the alley way to the NF home base? It happened to me there two, only i was at the entry to the alley, not accually in it.

12. brains

brains Member

no, i was nf at the entrance of the alley leading back towards nf territory, along that main street the warehouse overlooks

13. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

happened to me too today, and a few others aswell (Atleast 3 more that complained about it) on district.

It could be just a district thing, but on the other hand, district is the only map where they get spammed like this, the reason why it only happens in district, how many flashbangs did you get thrown at you in any other map?

But I dno, I was on the center of a big street and all i remember is nade spam and 2 lev3 turrets shooting at me and lots of smoke, definitly lots of smoke lol :P

14. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

maybe something to do with the sound cache moving client-side (if I remember properly) in 1.05. Did anyone retry (in the console)?

15. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

yeh foof retry'd and his sound worked again

After 10 minutes of listening to the beep I decided to just turn my sound off :P

16. jambo

jambo Member

happend to me once in district as well
    that constant sound gets so flippin annoying

mmm, how do i convay the sound ????.......

weieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieiei

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.