1.05 Odd stuttering bug.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Darg, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darg

Darg Member

I just had an odd bug when the server switched from district to canyon I think it was. Everything started stuttering really badly. I'd get a few frames movement then it would pause for a second and then another few frames.

At the start of the map when the choose team/spawn location/class windows came up each one of them came up twice.

When I opened the console I saw that the exec config_backup had been called about 10 times. I'm not sure if that is what caused the stuttering but it was unusual.

When I checked my stats everything was 0 apart from fps which said exactly 10.0

I managed to close empires by using the quit command in the console.

2. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

sounds like something got into the autoexec.cfg file...

3. Darg

Darg Member

I don't have anything that would cause that in the autoexec file. Just to be on the safe side though I'll remove all custom binds from it. I wasn't using them anyway =)

I've been playing another few games without a repeat so I'm hoping it's a once off.

4. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

im haveing the same problem, and its causeing me to hard lock now/ it has been doing this every time i play on a server with 1.05 i keep asking ppl in the game if its doing it to them too but nobodys taken the time to answer me

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  5. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

also in addition there was a number of player saying that it was my fps , but i had a good 100 fps in ver 1.04 but 1.05 is like 15 now i know its not my system because i changed everything all the way down , and back and it made no differnce

6. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

have you deleted the file lately? or if not i recomend deleting it and seeing what that does... hey whats the worst that could happen... :P

7. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

well i put the ignore // things in my autoexec and it did it still i dont think deleting it will do much different but ill try

8. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

i think i found out what is causeing the fps lag bug ... i set my launch options to include +map emp_slaughtered so i could test my map,,, i just took that out and i think it went away !! i bet it was steam starting a host and never disconnecting so i was runing a server at the same time i was in a server playing on another server !!!!!

9. jambo

jambo Member

Empires sometimes lags for me too.
    but usally its my sister/brother has just loaded up another webpage on our other computer, both computers are networked together

i don't have to quit or reastart very often

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.