1.05 District Problem

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheGreatHegemon, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGreatHegemon

TheGreatHegemon Member

Heylo
    Every time I join a district map, it will load the map, and get to the MoTD. It will then freeze. I have to control alt delete out of it.

Curiously, however, if i am already in the server and it CHANGES to district (given I don't have to retry to get into it after the round end) it will still run!

NVidia Geforce TI 4400
    AMD Athlon XP 2100+
    Soyo KT400 Silver Mobo.
    Onboard sound card.

I attached the dump to Krenzo, and this post.

(Btw krenzo, did you consider adding mdmp as a valid extension for this forum?)

2. Rigel

Rigel Member

I also have this problem every time too. I also have an Athalon cpu, a 2400.
    I'm still waiting to try this map out.

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

On my not so powerful laptop I have similar problem. It looks like it have hanged but it's doing something. After 5-10 s I can play.

4. TheGreatHegemon

TheGreatHegemon Member

mOOtant - mine does that if I go from another map to district - if i just start straight to a game of district, it'll looks like it hanged, and it did. (5 minutes later nothing)

Rigel - here's what you can try.
    Start the game and enter another, non district server. Then, DON'T leave the server, but go to the menu and find server. Connect to the District server without disconnecting from this server manually first. It should connect. (Though you will have a 5 - 10 s freeze like m00tant)

5. biggs voraf

biggs voraf Member

I was on a district game last night and I would hit the button to spawn and I would spawn but I spawned in the ceiling thus rendering my character useless. I tried this several times and the same problem occured. The strange thing about it was that it was that one spawn point, i'd spawn somewhere else and everythign would be fine.

For reference it's the furthest spwan point for the Brenodi when the game starts.

6. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

I have a similar, or maybe the same problem. The map loads, but the sound gets jumpy and the game laggy, but I only get as far as pressing ok on the "Message of the day" window when you first join. Then it'll freeze for a second and drop me to desktop.
    I mentioned this in the Gameplay forum under the district thread, but no one has answered me.

7. TheGreatHegemon

TheGreatHegemon Member

That's the same blue shirt, what are your comp specs?

8. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

from what I have noticed when I have been running servers, and who cannot connect to the server; is when the people can not connect, the simple fix might be switch the map. For instance on canyon the map would not let people join when the map is playing. but it the map just started it works fine... that was before they twicked it... try playing with changing the maps, if you have the ability, and or playing with the rate's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.