★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Did you even read where the wall of text you posted was came from, he litterally says
    " The famous French philosopher Sartre had this to say about the futile task of arguing with a certain group in his time. "

I dont understand why using democratic based clickbait articles is republican based? I dont understand what you are saying here at all, hes just taking clickbait article headlines and that makes him anti republican? If he used Trump pissed on obamas bed hes anti democrrat? Whot?

I dont get why you are acting like Im attacking your ideology or that he is attacking any political view. Cause he obviously isnt. Hes attacking ignorance and the selectivity of information selection by the reader.

Its like if you are a doctor and you prescribe pill X because you selectively decide to ignore all negative studies about pill X. Not because the negative studies are wrongly done,but because there are a few bad researchers making bad studies. So you inherently decide to think ALL bad studies about pill X must be done by bad researchers.

Thats what he is saying. Hes saying a few bad journalists and news outlets are making it easy for everyone to think all journalists and news outlets are bad so they get to choose and pick what they believe.

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Yes, and did you read what I said?
    Why am I calling out this man's obvious bias?

Because he goes on to say who is the fault of ruining the definition of "fake news". That is why I dislike what was posted, because this guy is trying to pin it on the right when it is EVERYONE'S fault.

Just look at how many people who also say "Drumpfkin got triggered" on reddit... it's everyone's fault.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  3. Paradox

He just added that second part after I posted my thing and we had a small discussion already.
    In the first part before the break he never mention trump republican or any political party except in the example quotes.

To be entirely fair he's pretty spot on with his analysis

4. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

You guys make Paradox look smart. That's all.

Señor_Awesome likes this.
  5. Paradox

Dont know if thats a compliment or an insult really

6. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

7. Paradox

I thought since the campaign was over donald trump wouldnt lie about shit anymore just for the sake of winning.

But does anyone actually believe he got the largest crowd ever even when theres photographic evidence?

in before photoshop and conspiracy by the press even though he has won already

https://twitter.com/SeanSpicerFacts

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  8. complete_

complete_ lamer

comparing crowds of trump innauguration and womens march the next day
    https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/C2v5d4VXAAEySap.mp4
    (how are there no infinte looping gifs of this?). why cant we embed videos anymore? very odd.

also watch a guy who supports shit like "black genocide" among other things get punched in the face

i will admit a little of my glee is inherent hatred of people saying internet memes in real life

e: also your president looks like a fucking monkey

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I agree, that guy does deserve to get punched, but he also should be respected enough to spout off his opinion as anyone else is as well. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom for speech you like, its freedom for all speech.

10. Paradox

Freedom of speech isnt really freedom of speech, otherwise racism would be totally ok or slander would be totally ok.
    But its not. There is no real freedom of speech for the common people.

11. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Well, that's why the KKK can openly hold rallies here in America becuase of freedom of speech. Racism is OK, just morally frowned upon. He should have every right to speak, just like everyone else is allowed to voice their opinions. Yea he might get mocked for it, but we should allow them to speak and punching him to shut him up doesn't help the cause of the person trying to shut him up.

12. Paradox

Im not talking specifically about the states.
    But freedom of speech is a fantasy if slander can get you sued, if racism ( in belgium ) can get you sued or jailed there is no freedom of speech.

Also Im not pro racism or slander but I hate when people say we have freedom of speech when truely you do not at all have freedom of speech

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oddly enough, those who complain about freedom of speech the most are those who abuse it for agitation. what i cant say jews should be gased? free speech! what i cant say niggers are ciminals? free speech! what you call me nazi? thought police!

blablabla.

you know the sad part is, so many fall for the reframing game.

14. Paradox

I dont think thats true at all, well it is true but not the way you frame it. You say the people who complain about freedom of speech are the ones who abuse it.
    But its more, the people who say stuff that is morally/ethically flawed get backlash to which they use the freedom of speech argument. Its not the otherway around.

Noone is going to complain about freedom of speech if they arent saying anything unethical or immoral. Its the ones that do that get backlash and will use the freedom of speech argument.

Freedom of speech is like privacy laws and anonimity laws.
    Its only the people that are doing things wrong that need to worry about anonimity.
    Thats the argument lawmakers use when they wanna implement these measures

Again Im not pro racism or anti freedom of speech or what ever, I just want to clarify what I Assume to be a thnking flaw

15. flasche

"your right to swing your arms ends just where the other mans nose begins"

its tricky yes. but freedom ultimatively also needs limits or it decays into despotism.
    but ofc those limits always have to be critically be brought in question - and this needs to be as free as possible.
    because absolute freedom is an illusion, in the end my fist limits it.

oh and @Paradox i didnt mean to insinuate youd be a some rightwing numbnut. i was just exaggerating stuff i continously read on the internet. the very same that discriminate and vilify then complain about their rights of freedom of speech being limited by some abstract liberal society. which is rediculous on so many levels. first its hypocritical beyond believe and second is what they frame as liberal pretty much means not being a chauvinist prick - like how hard can that be?

and yes, there are many who overdo "being liberal", like always and with everything. but like seriously, since when is social liberal bad?
    because "live and let live" is a bad idea?
    because we want to live in a "forced into line", homogenous society?
    because we cant think for ourselfs and need a leader?

and ultimatively what should one do? should i gratulate an asshole for being an asshole? yeah good boy, you know the word opinion as excuse. nah, no way.

does it need laws tho? depends. im not really happy with what is being discussed either. but im also quite careful atm, because all this redefinition of words which is going on atm turns discussions into rhetoric minefields.
    its a smart move of the right tho, i have to admit that. seems they read gramsci, its his theory of cutural hegemony they put to use - the irony is that gramsci was marxist.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

unfortunately liberals of today in the USA are not of the mind live and let live anymore..they are full of hatred and intolerance for anyone that doesn't think the way they do politically and socially. They only fight for rights of those that agree with their agenda and threaten and bully others that don't. They have sunk to new lows here in the USA.

17. flasche

thats totally how the vast majority of liberals are - but i know "only in the us of a" - yeah you make a pretty good example of the framing i was talking about, thats "the liberal", totally.

and youre totally not seeing anything hypocritical in subsuming nearly 50% of the voting population, roughly 65mio citizens, as interolerant hate mongering bullies responsible for everything bad in your life? because thats so incredibly open minded and differentiated, im speechless.

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

yes i am full of hatred and intolerance for nazis

so weird that i wont live and let live with people who want to wipe out an entire race from the planet

19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

The liberals in the USA are the Nazi's unless you are lying about where you live, this post was not about you.

the liberals are the one that beat up a disable person the liberals are the one who threatened actors and singers to not perform at the inauguration with death threats and vicious harassment, the liberals are the ones who set fires in the streets using kids to set fires at their so called protests. the liberals are the ones who say on national tv they want to blow up the white house just because their candidate lost, the list goes on and on.

when Obama won in 2012 none of this happened and the right was just as upset he won another term.

and your last statement is so ridiculous it doesn't warrant any comment.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  20. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Thia thread should die. once the conversation devolves into semantics it's usually lost it's usefulness.

Stop calling out each others opinions, people write from their.own perspective and experiences.

Also extreme over use of pigeon holing.
    "Liberal, right wing, racist" are lazy and unhelpful. When you attack the lowest common denominator on the other side of a debate you really lower the bar and weaken your own points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.