Add bullet ballistics to scout rifle

Discussion in 'General' started by Fricken Hamster, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

People are angry that get instantly headshot by the scout rifle. They get salty so they want a cool sniper rifle swapped with a faggy soy shotgun. That is not the correct fix. The correct way to fix it, and introduce a new level of depth to the game is to add bullet drop to the scout rifle. This way headshots are difficult and the shooter has to calculate distance, drop, zero and the coriolis effect in order to land an effective headshot. To help scouts with this change, the ability to change the scope's zero should be added.

2. Neoony

Neoony Member

I gotta say I always wished for ballistics for scout rifle.
    Probably engine limitation is the issue, but I always wondered how it would look if the bullet was just a tiny long range mortar shell. ( I know that would have its issues as well :P )

I agree this new depth would probably solve many of its issues.
    ...I wish :P

3. mrmeow

mrmeow Member

it's not like scouts are getting hundreds of easy headshot kills, it's not an issue at all ??

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

There's two "groups" of people on this matter.

1: Sniper rifle is too easy to use.
    2: Sniper rifle is too hard to use.

Here's my two hundred dollars, sniper rifle used to be really hard to use, it used to have a crappy scope and a huge ass sway, and IIRC you couldn't even move and stay scoped.

Later(5 years ago), it's made quite easy to use at mid-range because the sway got removed for all postures(not really, but made almost non-existent), still has a crappy scope.

Some time between this, I think it's made that you could move and stay scoped.

Later later(half a year ago), we gave it a better scope and it hit the new low in terms of difficulty. <-- this is the point I think sniper rifle actually became a bit too easy to use.

That's why, a couple of months ago, I re-added the sway (it's still less than the original), it varies according to your posture (standing/ducking..etc) so you can no longer sprint and reliably do a headshot anymore.

Conclusion : I think it's just around the place we want it to be, so nothing big will be done.
    Having two groups of opinions is normal when something is usable and useful. When it does the job some people might think it's OP, when it doesn't do the job some people might think it's useless.