Surv_Imperium

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Not Kidpaler, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Not Kidpaler

Not Kidpaler Member

What started out as an experiment for the new bots turned into a semi-fun, and ridiculously hard, gamemode. Forgive me for it being semi-shitty, it was a 3 hour project for fun.

Test your squad skills by killing a relentless wave of bots. They do not mess around. They seek out the capture points and they will hunt you down. If you die, someone better have revive because you will not have a spawn point.

The game mode gets harder and harder as time goes on. You and 4 friends have been abandoned in a Brenodi Research facility, but help is never going to arrive. SEE HOW FAR YOU CAN GET! (Resources are the wave number)

I'll upload the VMF and bsp tomorrow when I have time to finalize the minimap and such.

20181003004247_1.jpg 20181003010534_1.jpg 20181003004700_1.jpg

Neoony and MegaMLGgaming like this.
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Oh boy, Killing floor in my empires. So excited. :D

3. Not Kidpaler

Not Kidpaler Member

It's not that in depth right now and is pretty glitchy. The next iteration of bots will make this a lot more fun.

I'll be continuing to improve this as time goes on. There some things I need to fix before I do a public test of this anyways. I'll let you know if you're actually interested.

Neoony likes this.
  4. Not Kidpaler

Not Kidpaler Member

So small update:

I will be hosting this on Friday or Saturday. By then I will have a wave system introduced as well as a "resource" system in place to allow buying of ammo and health crates, and additional rooms. This should make it better and allow for more... variety and a goal. Depending how much work I put in Friday as well before I host it I may make easter eggs as well. What started out as a small project is now taking my time. Thanks Bots.

Also, this game mode is VERY VERY HARD. Currently, I get to round 3 alone while hiding in a corner.

Neoony likes this.
  5. Neoony

Neoony Member

The idea is exactly the first thing I wanted when we get bots.

Very good!
    Wanna see how it plays :)

6. Not Kidpaler

Not Kidpaler Member

So, theres a couple things for this. The next update improves how it plays, a lot. So much so, I kinda wanna defer this. Also, the wave system was a LOT of work so there isn't a resource system in place quite yet. It's still fun, but it's not nearly as hard.

We can play it if you want, but someone else will have to host.

7. Not Kidpaler

Not Kidpaler Member

Here's the map. It's semi-buggy but hey, it's expected.

Post how far ya get! I didn't expect 2.16 to drop this soon so I didn't bug fix a lot of stuff but hey, its playable. POST HOW FAR YOU GET WITH A SCREENSHOT FOR PROOF. Good luck past wave 10. Bring along friends if you want to make it easier.

Note: IF you die once, sure you can respawn 4 more times before the spawns disable, but youll spawn RIGHT in the thick of bots so youll die right away.

Edit: If you have a complaint or suggestion post it here.

Thexa4 likes this.
  8. Not Kidpaler

Not Kidpaler Member

I understand the nav_mesh is botched, bots are getting stuck dropping off of the thing so I'll come up with another way to do it to improve nav_mesh and allow bots to get out of their spawn to improve the difficulty. Ideally the place is swarming with bots, much more so than how it is currently.

Updated to work better. Delete the previous .bsp and .nav and replace it with the new one. Trying to replace it without deleteing may lead to issues.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018